Chapter 44- Liar Liar

"Will you please tell us about Otis's last moments since you were the last one to see him?" Patricia asked Ryan sadly.

Ryan looked uncomfortable, he had to wear Otis's clothes since he didn't have anything else to wear.

It took everything I had to not laugh in his face, the giant overall's he wore made me want to roll over and die of laughter.

"I'm not really good at this." He said shyly, his eye's wandering around the group.

"Please, you were with him in his final moments." Patricia begged Ryan. He sighed and limped forward.

"We were down to five shots, the walkers were closing in on us." Ryan started.

"Otis put his bag on my shoulders and told me to keep going, that he'd watch my back." He said sadly.

"So I did that, I kept going. When I turned around, Otis and the walkers were gone." Ryan said sadly.

Patricia started to cry and Maggie pulled her into her arms. Everyone placed a Rock on the giant pile that was already made for Otis's burial.

"We will now have a moment of silence for Otis." Hershel announced to the group.

I stared at the pile of rocks, thinking about Ryan's words. He was lying, I could tell easily. You would have to be blind to not see that, but than again I've known Ryan the longest out of all these people.

It was just the way Ryan stated it, he said it calmly as if it didn't even happen. I looked up at Daryl from the chair I sat in. He looked down at me and slightly shook his head, telling me he didn't believe him either.

I turned my attention back towards the pile of rocks, Ryan just placed his on the very top. He bowed his head and stepped back into the semi circle we made around the rocks.

"It's getting dark we should head in." Rick said quietly, Tayler came to my side and helped me stand up.

I whimpered from the pressure on my leg and Daryl stood in front of me, his back facing me. "You want me to piggyback you?" I asked him.

"Let's go." Daryl said, irritated from my staling. I looked at Tayler and she shrugged.

"One.... Two.... Three!" She said as she boosted me onto Daryl's back. I giggled and he started to walk.

"So how much longer till we need to go to a medical center for insulin?" I asked Tayler.

She sighed and looked up at me. "Hershel actually had a few bottles left from his wife, she was diabetic as well." She said happily.

"So how long will that last you?" I asked.

"Maybe a month at the most." She sighed and looked a head.

Everyone from our group headed over to a small area with tents and the RV. Tayler waved good bye and sprinted over to Jason. She jokingly held her makeshift bayonet to Jason's throat and he slid out of the hold easily. I smiled and looked back up at the white farm house. Daryl stepped through the door and we went to our room.

He laid me down on the bed gently so I wouldn't hurt my leg. He shut the door and locked it, he walked over to the bed and plopped himself down next to me.

"How you feelin?" He asked gruffly.

I sighed and he put a arm around me. "To be honest I feel like shit." I replied.

He stared at me for a second. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"I feel hungry, exhausted, my leg hurts and I feel dirty." I said quietly.

"Well, why don't you sleep, you had a long day." He said as he pulled the covers over us.

"I want to talk first, I have to ask you something." I said quickly. He nodded and waited for me to go on.

"Do you think Ryan killed Otis?" I asked, a little to fast. Silence surrounded me as I waited anxiously for Daryl's reply.

"I don't think Ryan killed 'em in cold blood." Daryl started to say but stopped.

"You think Ryan fed Otis to the walkers?" I asked sadly. Daryl nodded slowly and I buried my face in his chest, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

I closed my eye's and started to drift off to sleep. Loud snores filled my ears and I knew Daryl was out cold.

I sighed and put an arm over his chest, I kissed his check and laid my head down on his chest.

I shut my eye's again and finally fell into a world of dreams.