chapter 8

Edited - 18.06.15

*Ps - since I re-read this in order to edit I realised that this chapter is VERY short :/ so sorry for that, I would add it to another chapter but then that just messes up the book I find soo I hope the other chapters will make up for it as there are some longer ones :) <3  

**

Chapter 8

It's late in the afternoon now and the Dean's are about to leave seeing as they have been here all afternoon.

"Bye LEXI!" The cute 5 year old exclaims and runs into me hugging my legs.

I chuckled and ruffled her hair then crouched down to her level giving her a hug as her small arms wrapped tightly around my neck. Ah she's so cute.

"Bye Morgan" I smiled pulling back from the hug.

She grinned and kissed my cheek making me smile in awe and watch her run over to Tom hugging him.

I smile standing back up straight but feel like someone is watching me so I turn spotting April narrowing her eyes at me but then snapping her expression into a smile when she sees me looking back at her.

hen felt someone's eyes on me and turned to see April narrowing her eyes at me but then snapped into a smile when she saw me looking back at her.

I frown in confusion...Okay?

"Morgan honey, come on we got to go." Mrs Dean, Ruby, smiles and slightly chuckles at her daughter who is actually going around all twelve of us and hugging us goodbye which makes the boys smile and hug the cute little girl back as who could not?

Morgan hugs Ashton last then hurries over to her Mom. Ruby smiles and says something to our Mom before then waving to us before she and Owen turn to head out the gate garden.

 "Yeah..so see you lads at school" Hayden smiles, his eyes flickering over to me where his smile flickers into a smirk, "And you Lexi." I'm pretty sure he winks just before he turns to follow his parents.

I cringe and scowl, seriously?

"He did not just do that.." I hear Chris grunt beside me, "Lexi, stay away from him." He all but orders and I roll my eyes.

"Who do you think I am?" I scoff in disgust, looking away from them all as of course they are all looking at me. Just like always when someone talks to me, they scare them off. Not that I wanted that oh so subtle wink, but that's not the point! My brother's have the skill of scaring off anyone, guy or girl if they even breath in my direction. I've gotten use to it though, always aware that people won't stay around long, especially girls. They always pretend to be friendly with me only to get closer to my older brothers in hopes that they will get noticed by one of them and hook up. Most of the time it works, one of my brothers picks them up and after that I never see that girl, who I naively would think wants to be my friend. But no, they just want one of my player of a brother, typically Chris or Evan. However I do admit at times it's handy, the overprotectiveness of my brothers as they stop any creeps from approaching which I do appreciate.

The Dean's leave, Noah smiling with his lips tugged up into almost a smirk and April smiling her sweet, all to perfect smile, and Darren smiling a shy timid smile.

Once they are completely out of sight Mom looks back at us, "Right kids, help the little ones get ready for bed." She says and in translation that means 'Lexi help the little ones to bed' as those words will go straight over the others heads. "Anyone who's not doing anything can come help me tidy up out here and the kitchen!" Mom gives us our orders receiving murmurs of our replies and I look around to find Tom.

"Tom, sweetie?!" I call to him as he's mucking about with the twins, ah great that just spells trouble.

 Tom looks up and smiles innocently as I walk towards him.

"Tom, time to get ready for bed!" I smile trying to seem as though it's a great idea to his toddler mind however he frowns showing that he doesn't like that idea.

My eyes flicker over to the twins, "And you guys too." I tell them which causes them to instantly start protesting.

I sigh, I knew this would happen.

"Okay...if you three go to your rooms and get ready for bed within two minutes I'll give you anything you want...deal?" I say and three pairs of eyes light up.

"Anything?!" Joe asks widening his brown eyes.

I nod, "Anything." I confirm.

"DEAL!" All three yell and start running towards the house as fast as their little legs can carry them.

I chuckle to myself, Haha always works.

"Pfff, you know you never stick to what you say." Chris says smirking.

I shrug, slightly smikring, "They don't remember anyway in the morning and plus, it's not like you guys help me get them to bed." I glare at my brothers who smile guiltily.

"That's because you're just soooo good at it." Evan smiles innocently and I roll my eyes walking to the patio doors but stop and turn back.

"Cory, you too!" I call and see him frown his shoulders slumping as he slowly walks over to me. I smirk and ruffle his light hair as he walks into the house and I follow

I go up to the twins room and tackle them into their pyjamas and beds before saying goodnight and telling them Mom will be in soon and I go onto the next room belonging to Tom and hug him goodnight, tucking him up in his covers thankful that he doesn't put too much of a struggle.

I make my way to Cory's room, making sure he's getting ready and I smile at him saying goodnight then pad up to my room and flop onto my bed with a long sigh, I swear I do everything around here, not putting their own siblings to bed, the boys are so lazy.

I switch on my Ipod speakers allowing a random song to come on and I make sure it's not too loud to disturb anyone.

The thing about having 12 brothers is that I kind of pick up their music taste. The typical rock bands kind of thing, that's all I have really heard through my life so it's kind of made it's way into my musical tastes. Most of the songs on my Ipod I wouldn't typically think a girl my age would have...but hey that's what having so many brothers does, the pop girly songs can make my skin crawl.

I change into some pyjama shorts and tank top due to it getting late now and I still need to go down and help tidy up as I can bet the boys have done little, probably decided to play football instead. So turning off the music I head back out my room in my comfy clothes ready to help my mother and boy I can't wait to climb into bed later.

***************

Comment if you like, sorry for short chapter. <3