Bye bye birdie.

Up top is a picture of Brea is her Kid Canary outfit.

~ Brea~
A few weeks later

I woke up to Mom banging on my door and yelling me name. I got out of bed and opened the door, "What's up mom?" I asked.

"Get changed." She told me shoving my kid canary uniform at my chest. Mom respected my decision on not rejoining the league so I knew if she was telling me to suit up it was for a damn good reason. I nodded and closed my door before I slipped on the black uniform. I skipped the leggings which was weird but I didn't linger on the thought. I threw my hair into a ponytail and slipped on my shoes and gloves. Grabbing my bow and quiver on the way out.

I ran out of the door and down stairs where Mom and Dad were, Mom tapping her foot and Dad checking his watch. "I didn't take that long." I told them.

"No, but your Mother did." Dad told me looking at mom. She held up her hands in defense.

"Part of being Black Canary is the get up!" She defended, Dad rolled his eyes but kissed mom. "Okay, KC. Get to Mount Justice Batman knows your on the way and will brief you. I love you, stay safe." She told me and kissed my forehead.

Kid Canary-Retired

I walked into the debriefing room in the middle of Batman talking. "Hello." I smiled, "Black Canary told me that you guys could use some back up." I smiled as I stood next to Kladur and Robin.

"She's right, this is a all hands on deck mission." Batman confirmed, he typed somethings into the computers system and brought up camera footage of the city.

"What are those things?" Robin wondered aloud.

"They look like the Genomorphs from Cadmus." I stated, looking closer at the footage.

"These started popping up in all major cities. We have no idea where they have come from but it's no coincidence that the Injustice league may have something to do with this. We need your help in keeping these things at bay." Batman informed us.

"I..I thought the injustice league was in jail?" I stammered, Batman looked at me a sighed.

"They were supposed to be. But that's why everyone on this team will have a tracker on them. Incase someone gets an idea." Batman told us, as he handed them out. "Now get out there and fight the good fight."

"Everyone is linked." M'Gann stated as she turned towards Kaldur.

"What's the plan?" I asked looking around.

"Find their weakness." Kaldur told us, I nodded.

"Got it, how are we gonna do that?" I questioned.

"Ambush." Robin said.  

"Really, No strategy?" I mumbled.

Everyone rushed outside and immediately bombarded with the genomorph things. I pulled out my bow and started shooting explosion arrows.

Hey Brea, maneuver seven archer style? Artemis asked.

Whose going up? I asked.

You, you're the better shot. Plus you can fly.  She told me, I nodded and ran to where she was. Artemis locked her fingers and I stepped up flipping as I shot explosive arrows. I landed on the ground as Artemis was shooting arrows at the surrounding ones.

Artemis and I were back to back and I told her to cover her ears, along with the rest of the team. I notched an arrow and opened my mouth before letting both go to do a sonic arrow. A gynomorph alien landed on Artemis and I. We both struggled a bit before I finally decided to try out my new powers. I focused my energy and hit the alien in the side of the head with my solar flare.

I got up and threw the other genomorph off of Artemis and shot a long distance flare at it.

"Kid Canary, what was that!" Robin asked, I looked around an saw that the aliens where retreating.

"We were in trouble and I figured why not." I muttered.

"Are your new powers perhaps linked to your anger?" Kaldur asked, I shrugged.

"No." Wally stated, we all turned to look at him. "It's linked to her adrenaline, she hates being pinned down and feeling helpless so when you hit a certain amount of adrenaline in your system then that's when your powers seem to kick in." He explained.

"Let's go get the rest of these Aliens!" M'Gann said. We all nodded and began fighting the others.

***

Robin called Batman once we finished off our fight and Batman said that we were needed. We flew to central city where the main fight was going on. We landed and hopped out.

Without another word we started fighting the rest of the aliens. I used my new powers to help corral them all into the middle to make the fight easier.

Once the majority were defeated we all stood around looking at the aftermath. They had looted stores and tore off fire hydrants, burned parts of buildings. "Wow." I muttered.

"You did amazing out there KC!" Mom smiled as she walked up to me and hugged me. "You're really becoming your own hero." She smiled.

"Thanks, mom." I blushed and she kissed my forehead.

"Canary, there's a small group of the aliens that we could use your help with." Batman yelled, Mom smiled at me and winked before running off, grabbing dad along the way.

We all got to work helping to clean up the city that the aliens had destroyed. Until we heard a canary cry, I whipped my head around to see Mom and Dad taken in a cage.

"Mom!" I yelled, as I was about to fly into action Kaldur grabbed my wrist.

"Brea, you can not go. That is what they want. Look." He told me as he pointed to Vertigo standing on the cage. My hands shook I was so mad.

The team had ran over to me and Wally grabbed my hand. I turned to look at him. "We'll get them back." He said and I nodded.

***

Later when we had arrived back at the cave, I paced around the room. Batman, Flash, Superman and Wonder Woman had gone off on a team mission to try and find my parents. They had been gone nearly two hours and I was starting to get even more nervous.

"Brea." Artemis called, I turned to look at her, she had a plate of food. "Here, you need to eat." She smiled.

"Thanks Art." I smiled and she smiled back.

"I know it's tough. Waiting for then to come back." She sighed, she sat with me as I ate and we had a quiet conversation.

The zeta tubes sounded off and the small team had walked in. I abandoned my plate and ran over.

"Did you find them?" I asked looking around to see if my parents were over there at all. Batman put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Brea." He sighed as he kneeled down. "There is no trace of your parents."

I backed away slowly shaking my head, tears rolled down my face. "No." I whispered. "No! You have to go back! You have to find them!" I cried, my knees felt weak and I collapsed to the ground. My head rested on my knees as I sobbed.

"Hey, hey, hey." I heard Wally's comforting voice say, he pulled me into his lap. "Hey, it's going to be okay Princess." He smiled moving the hair out of my face.

"There gone Wally." I cried and he nodded pulling my head into his shoulder for me to cry on.

"I know princess. I know. We're gonna find them though okay? We're gonna get them back." He told me softly, stroking my hair and rubbing my back. "We're gonna get through this." He whispered.

The other team members gathered around too, joining our embrace all whispering encouraging words.

*~*~*~*

Hey Guys! So I really heavily re-wrote this chapter, it's still not exactly how I imagined it would turn out but I am sooo much happier with how this came out! Thank you guys so much for reading, vote, comment all that fun stuff!

Love you all,

Briz❤️