Chapter 24 - Private Screening and Hamilton Seeing

Tuesday came quickly and before I knew it I got a text from Lin,

(Get dressed and be downstairs by 12:30) 

It was 11:00 during winter break. What is so important that he feels I need to be involved in?

(Ok... But why so early?)

(You do realize 12:30 is in the afternoon right?) 

(Ok. But it's Saturday.)

(Actually, today is Tuesday.)

(You make  a good point, but, for me, it is Winter Break, magically turning each day into Saturday.)

(Just be downstairs by 12:30 ok?)

(Ok. Thanks)

I showered and dried my hair, after doing so it was 12:00, so I hurried to pull on clothes, simple clothes, one of my new Hamilton sweaters and a jacket, and black boots. My hair hung straight from being blow dried. I ran downstairs, and was there by 12:25. Nice job Abigail. Nice. At 12:30 Lin showed up and walked me to the subway. 

"Where are we going?"

"Well first we're going to lunch, then to an undisclosed location."

"Ok. That's not at all creepy." 

"Oh calm down. You'll have fun."

"Ok, if you say so." 

We finally stopped and we walked to the San Martin Italian restaurant. There were 5 or six other cast members and crew members there. We joined their table, the table obviously set for pretty much everyone who works for Hamilton. Eventually more and more people started showing up. 

"Do you have any idea what we're doing?" I whispered to Thayne, who was sitting next to me.

"No clue."

"Awesome." I replied and returned my focus to my pasta. Ah pasta. Eventually we all left and walked down to a small movie theater, my confusion lessened as I realized just where we were. We walked in and were quickly ushered into a small-ish movie theater. 

"SURPRISE!!" Alex and Lin yelled simultaneously. "It's a private screening of Star Wars! Enjoy!!" With that they sat down and Star Wars 7 began playing. I loved this movie. Honestly, I love it. It was such an experience to see it with these people. There was some careless chatter throughout the movie, especially between me, Carleigh, and Jon, we all sat together and got very into it. Eventually when it came to the Cantina scene Lin stood up and told all of us to shut up. Gotta love it. When the movie ended, some of the cast decided to go home, 5-6 of them went back to the theater with me and the crew. 

When finally in the safety of my own room I pulled out my phone and texted William.

(What time are you getting here tonight?)

He was coming to the show tonight, as 'I' got him a ticket for Christmas.

(Umm. 7:00, is that ok? That way I can pester you beforehand!)

(Ok, I'm working, so that should be fun for you, not really, the other audience members, not really.)

(Muahaha! That is the point of my existence. Annoying crappy rich people.)

(I wish it was mine. I wish. The point of my existence is sarcasm.)

(So I've noticed, I'll see you soon!)

(See you!)

I put my phone down, it was 5:30, I watched some tv and texted Josie and Franchesca until 6:30, when I had to go downstairs, I worked every couple of days now, it's nice, I enjoy seeing all of the people. Especially now that William was seeing the show today. Also, if you were wondering, the tips were to die for. Eventually William walked into the theater in a massive jumble of people. He ran over to my Merch booth, he did however have to wait in a long line of people. Finally he made his way to the front.

"Hi!" I said, when he was finally standing in front of me.

"Hi babe." He replied and leaned over the counter and kissed me.

"So, are you going to buy anything, or did you just wait in line for 20 minutes to do that?"

"Well it would be worth it, but I actually would like a t-shirt."

"Ok." I laughed a little and pulled a #YAYHAMLET t-shirt out for him, I bagged it and he gave me the 35 dollars owed. "Enjoy the show!" He walked away and I finished my job for the next 40 minutes. I retreated to the safety of my room and at intermission William texted.

(Holy crap the critics were right.)

(Well did you think they were wrong?)

(Good point, good point. Anyways, I should probably turn my phone off, I don't want to be THAT person.)

I laughed a little thinking about the last person who texted during Hamilton, Madonna, she was not allowed backstage and did not get to sign the fancy Hamilwall. Scumbag.

I can always tell when the show ends, for several reasons, 1, the faint music in the distance stops and 2, everyone starts talking really loudly downstairs. Eventually all the talking stopped and everyone left, now I can sleep in peace. I'll ask William what he thought tomorrow. 

Hello! Happy Easter! 

Thanks for reading!

-Abi