Chapter 10

Hopepaw slowly lifted herself off the ground. Tigerstar stood over Blackstar's bleeding body and all the cats of ShadowClan stopped fighting. TigerClan warriors surrounded them with their eyes glowing menacingly. They looked so fear-filled it was comical. The once proud ShadowClan overtaken so quickly.

Tigerstar was covered nose to tail in blood, and Hopepaw knew it was ShadowClan blood. Her leader's amber eyes glowed as the moonlight reflected from them. His long, sharp claws held Blackstar beneath him.

Hopepaw surveyed the camp. No kits, queens, or elders were harmed. It appeared only one cat was killed, a tom named Boulder. Every cat was covered in blood, their own and that of their enemies. The cats of TigerClan relished in the taste of victory. History indeed was made.

Sandstorm helped Hopepaw to her paws. Hopepaw leaned against her mother and they joined the TigerClan warriors. Owlpaw came over to them and sat down beside his sister. He bore a couple cuts that would leave scars-something Owlpaw surely desired. Hopepaw made eye contact with Bramblepaw from across the clearing. Victory was theirs, and Hopepaw considered the future Bramblepaw promised her. It didn't feel so far away.

"Cats of TigerClan, cats of ShadowClan..." Tigerstar's voice echoed across the clearing. His eyes glinted. "Tonight, a new future awaits us. TigerClan is the strongest clan to ever exist, we have proven that here." Tigerstar dug his claws into Blackstar's blood-stained pelt. "I offer a better future for the cats of ShadowClan and a life of misery to those who defy me."

"Cats of ShadowClan, I am giving you a proposition: join TigerClan or die." Tigerstar roared.

The cats of ShadowClan were silent. Then, very slowly, a few warriors dipped their heads to Tigerstar. It set off a reaction and soon all the warriors bowed their heads. Eventually the apprentices, elders, queens, and kits. The whole of ShadowClan gave up so easily.

Hopepaw was appalled by their softness. To think that a whole clan would turn belly up just because another clan leader told them to. It disgusted Hopepaw. She had always been told that ShadowClan was formidable and bold.

"Excellent." Tigerstar addressed both clans as a whole. "There is no more ShadowClan, just as there is no more ThunderClan. All that remains is TigerClan. Let our voices shake the forest, let our enemies quake in fear. We are one clan. The other two clans don't stand a chance, and soon, all four clans will be unified."

"There will be no more fighting over scraps of prey, no more fear. TigerClan will rule the entire forest." Tigerstar lifted his head higher. He almost resembled a tiger, which was very fitting. The darkness of night would give away to a new era, one where TigerClan prevailed.

"Darkstripe," Tigerstar turned to his deputy. "I'll be staying here to polish these cats to join TigerClan. I want Longtail, Whitestorm, Mousefur, Sandstorm, Dustpelt, and Swiftwind to stay. Take everyone else back to the camp. There are matters that need to be discussed."

Darkstripe dipped his head. Hopepaw turned to Sandstorm and wished her mother didn't have to stay. The pale ginger she-cat nuzzled her daughter. "I'll be home soon. Take care of your littermates." Then Sandstorm padded over to join Tigerstar and the others.

Hopepaw had no choice but to follow Darkstripe home with the majority of the warriors and apprentices that came. She found herself walking beside Bramblepaw and Rainpaw. Their eyes were shining with triumph.

It was sunrise by the time the battle party returned, save for the few that stayed behind at the ShadowClan camp. Those that had remained emerged from their dens and their eyes widened at the bloodied warriors. Hopepaw felt proud to have been part of such a historic battle.

Darkstripe gathered the clan beneath Highrock to give the news. "ShadowClan territory is under our command." The clan yowled in excitement. "Tigerstar, along with a few warriors, have stayed behind to demand order." Darkstripe's lips curled back to reveal his fangs. "TigerClan is victorious!" The camp was deafened by the uproar.

All Hopepaw wanted to do was sleep. Her paws were heavy and her eyes were droopy. Every part of her body stung from her battle wounds. She felt a light touch at her shoulder and met the sweet eyes of Maplepaw.

"Where's Sandstorm?" Maplepaw asked worriedly.

"Don't worry," Hopepaw soothed her sister, licking her atop her head. "She stayed behind with Tigerstar."

Maplepaw sighed with relief. "Let me look at your wounds."

Hopepaw nodded and stayed still. Her sister soaked up the blood with wet moss and the cool water felt heavenly on her stinging wounds. She felt proud to have battle wounds at such an early age. Hopefully, she would have many more battles.

Bramblepaw approached her and Hopepaw's heart fluttered a little. He met her gaze softly. "I saw you attack Blackstar. That was very brave."

Hopepaw purred as she met Bramblepaw's eyes. "It's what any loyal TigerClan cat would've done."

Bramblepaw leaned forward and brushed his cheek against hers. Hopepaw was frozen and she felt her pelt turn hot with embarrassment. She purred and looked deep into Bramblepaw's eyes. Her dark vision gone from her mind. How could something bad happen now? TigerClan won and Bramblepaw had noticed her. What more could she ask for?

"Okay, you're good." Maplepaw broke the silence. "Go get some rest, and no training tomorrow!"

"Thanks Maplepaw." Hopepaw mewed as her eyes never strayed from Bramblepaw's. She blinked and looked away. "I'm going to go get some rest."

"Goodnight, Hopepaw." Bramblepaw murmured.

She purred, "Goodnight Bramblepaw." Hopepaw turned and disappeared into the apprentice den. She curled up in her nest and sleep quickly took her.

~

A/N
I hope you guys are enjoying the book as much as I enjoy writing it! I have big plans for this book and I'm so excited! Please vote and comment!