Chapter 17

I woke up and felt strong arms around me and realized it was Matt's. I tried to get out of it but he just tightened his grip and pulled me closer to him.

"Don't move" I heard him say

Uhh, his sexy bed voice.

I sighed and decided to stay till he was ready to get up.

A few minutes later.

"Matt? Don't you need to get to work?" I asked him

"Ughh" he groaned

He finally steered and turned me to him. I smiled when I saw a smiling Matt.

"Look who doesn't want to work" I said

He smiled

"Get your lazy bum off the bed and get ready for work" I said

"Bossy!" He snapped "And I'm not lazy"

"Then prove it" I dared

A slow grin covered his lips
"Oh, I'll prove it alright" he said in a low husky seductive voice

What? Oh...shit! Double meaning.

"Matt!" I scolded and struggled to get away from his reach

After I did, I took the pillow and hit him with it.

"Fine, I'm up" he said and went to get ready for work.

I made him breakfast and waited for him to come down. When he finally decided to show up, I served it and we ate together before he went to work.

Two days later I went to Kat's. Today was dad's funeral anniversary. Kat knew, but Matt didn't. I didn't know how to tell him cause I didn't want him to think that he had to come with me even if he didn't feel like it.

Kat wanted to come but I told her I had to do this alone. I dropped my phone with Kat cause I didn't want anyone to distract me.

I made my way to the cemetery. On the way I bought flowers. I took a cab and got there two minutes later.

I walked past countless number of headstones. Husbands, wives, children, beloved ones lost by people. I finally reached the one I was looking for; dad's.

In loving memory of Eric Vaughn
Caring Husband and Loving Father
to Meghan Vaughn & Annabelle Vaughn
1973 - 2015

"Hey dad" I knelt down on the grass "I got your favourite flowers" I placed the yellow rose in front of his headstone.

A minute passed

"I miss you dad...everyday. I wish sometimes I'd just wake up and realise its all a bad dream, that you and mum are fine. But I no longer wish that cause I've found him dad. I've found the boy you always told me I'd meet someday and fall in love with him. And as much as I want this to be a dream, he makes me want to move past everything and live in the present and not depend on the past. You'd have loved him, father. He'd have exceeded the things you wished my love would be. I love him dad" I sighed "I just wish you and mum were here to see how happy I am"

"They can" I heard Matt say behind me

I looked up behind me to see Matt in jeans and a T-shirt.

He had changed from his work clothes. So that means he went home. Didn't find me,n the he called me...and Kat picked up and told him.

Not hard to guess when Kat's involved.

"What?" I asked

"They can see how happy you are" he moved closer to me and squatted near me