XXXIV : Airplane

My head pounded and my eyes hurt from all the crying I did last night. I took a glance at the closed curtains. The sky was still relatively dark as no light seeped through the cloth, but birds chirping can already be heard. Then I realized that it was Friday, which is a school day, and that I should go home to get ready. But I felt mild aching in my bones and it was cold, so all I did was pull my blanket, Jimin's blanket, over my head.

I heard the door to Jimin's room creak open.

"Jinhee-yah," I heard Jimin say.

Hearing his voice, my heart felt pained. Crystal clear memories of what happened last night flashed in my mind, causing my throat to knot. I pushed the blanket away and tried to sit.

"J-jiminnie.." I answered, pressing the temple of my head since a sharp pain suddenly attacked me.

"Are you sick?" he sat down on his bed, brushing my hair away from my face, "You look pale.."

"I guess I am," I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Then we're skipping school today."

"We?"

"Of course. You are my guest, and my guest is sick. I'll have to take care of you, I'm responsible of my guests."

"Not that I have other guests though.." he shrugged.

"Now go back to sleep, I'll send Jisang off to school and return here," he patted my head and smiled.

Pushing me back down to bed and helping me with the blankets, he was then about to leave the room. I watched his back as he walked away towards the door, the pain clutching inside my chest and my heart beat increasing each time he got further. Just right when he grabbed the door handle, I took a quick breath and opened my mouth,

"Park Jimin!" I called out.

"Yeah?"

"I'll..... I'll be waiting for you.." I said, my voice feeble and weak.

He smiled one more time and slowly closed the door.

My heart receiving what I thought as assurance, my heavy eyelids closed itself and drifted me back to sleep.

-

When I finally woke up again, rays of the sun was evident behind the curtains. Faint sounds from the television downstairs came to my ears. The pain in my head had eased by a bit and I decided to go downstairs.

Feeling weak getting on my feet, I forced myself and made Jimin's bed. Walking a few steps towards the door, I paused to check myself on the mirror.

Oh I look like shit.

I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to put it in place. Not seeing any noticeable progress and giving up, I scoffed and proceeded to the door.

Shuffling down the stairs, I saw Jimin on the couch, sipping on chocolate milk while watching morning cartoons.

Larva.

Noticing the sound of my steps, Jimin turned his head around.

"Jinhee-yah, you're awake? Come sit here," he gestured at me to come.

I nodded and made my steps towards the sofa.

"I've called your mom and told her about you. She wanted to come home from work right away as she said she didn't want to burden me, but I told her it's fine and that she can trust me," he grinned.