Chapter 15

April's POV

It was the day after the party and I'd just gotten downstairs after having to push past fallen tables, cups and bottles. Thankfully, the kitchen wasn't as bad as the rest of the house. I sighed to myself. It was only 8:00 in the morning and I hadn't seen Aiden, Emma, Diego, Beau, Carlos or Daniel anywhere so I spent the past hour wondering around the house aimlessly. There was no point doing much else. In the end I decided to skip breakfast and get started on cleaning this place up, (which would probably take up the rest of my life.)

I must been working for at least an hour and a half when I heard the front door open and the familiar voices of Daniel and Carlos float through. They walked straight past the kitchen, instead retreating upstairs. I sighed and carried on working – they were probably going to sleep because I'm pretty sure I was home alone last night. 

"You don't need to clear that up you know," I heard a voice say from the doorway. "We'll clean up later." Beau was standing in the doorway rubbing his eyes.  I nodded silently and leaned the broom against the wall, walking to the fridge. My stomach was beginning to ache from the lack of a meal. 

"Wait, April," Beau yawned, his eyes electric blue against the darkness of the doorway. "I'll cook for his," he broke out into a charming smile. I wasn't sure how to respond so I smiled slightly and sat on the kitchen stool waiting for him to decide.

After careful deliberation (meaning 10 minutes of staring at the fridge) Beau decided to make Pasta a la Beau. He began working on his concoction; I asked if he needed help but he declined and told me to watch 'the master at work instead.' He was really easy to get along with for a socially awkward person because he kept the conversation flowing, meaning I didn't have to talk much.

He was as random as me and also loved tacos, I discovered. That just made me like him even more. Then, Beau grinned at me mischievously as he produced a bottle of alcohol from the fridge before splashing nearly half the bottle in the saucepan resulting in a huge burst of flames.

Oh my bloody hell, there's a fire! 

There's a fire! 

There's a fire! 

And all that time whilst I was panicking Beau decided to try and be smart and put it out with a dish cloth that simply set afire. Don't you know oxygen just feeds fire? It's part of the damn fire triangle. I ran to the sink and filled a jug of water before splashing it on the saucepan. I heard a hissing noise and before I knew it there was smoke crawling up my nose. I coughed and held my hand over my mouth. But I think the fire was out.

I was breathing heavily as I leaned against the counter top. "Are you okay?" I asked Beau, squinting my eyes against the smoke that had gathered. I heard his raspy reply of yes.

"April?" he whispered. "Look at the ceiling!"

Oh damn. Oh shoot. Oh codswallop. Oh crap. There was a huge black burn mark on the ceiling, from the fire burning it. Oh my god. Were the flames that bad that we burnt the damn ceiling? Oh god, Aiden's going to kill us. He's going to kill me.

My mouth was open as I looked at Beau, my eyes wide with shock. I composed myself and got myself into commando mode because Beau was too busy whimpering and looking up at the ceiling to speak or do anything.

"Okay Beau. I grew up in a large family of siblings and cousins – we broke things all the time – and the one thing I learnt is to never confess. If we go down, we go down together and don't point the problem out until they notice it, okay? That way, they'll never know until they notice it, which will hopefully be never." I commanded, nodding at him to make sure he understood. He nodded and slapped his face a couple of times.

"Okay, let's get this cleaned up solider."

"Yes sir." Beau replied shaking himself off and giving me a grateful smile.

We began by throwing the burnt food in the bin and then throwing the dish cloth away as well. I cleaned up the surface whilst Beau put away the food and cleaned up the floor. As we did so, we left the saucepan to soak in boiling water in the sink, praying that it would clear up soon. We worked quickly and silently, working around each other smoothly. If Aiden found out about this, he'd probably get really angry at us and I could tell Beau didn't want that either because Aiden was a real jerk when he was pissed. 

Well, he was jerk all the time anyway.

Once we'd finished we both sat on the kitchen stools and banged our heads onto the marble wearily. I shut my eyes and let the marble cool me down – I'd taken off my jacket because of the heat and my eyes stung because of the smoke. We sat like this in silence for 5 minutes before Beau announced that he was going to get some sleep because he didn't sleep all night.

I meant to ask about that but by the time I'd lifted my head to ask him, he was gone, leaving me alone in the kitchen with the giant burn mark on the ceiling. I groaned and let my head fall down onto the table again. I was missing my family, friends, home, England, school. I can't deal with this – I mean I was letting my kidnapper cook for me 20 minutes ago! I had to pull myself together. My mind was still racing with thoughts though – what was that fight about last night, where did everyone disappear to, why did Emma lock me in my room, what was up with Noah acting weirdly?

I pressed the place between my eyes. I wanted to go home. And on top of that Nina and Kayla were probably still on that couch passed out. I heard a noise at the door and I jerked my head up, quickly standing up as I did so. I still had to keep my wits about me – just because I went to a party here, doesn't mean we're all friends here. I still don't trust them. And plus I was still jumpy because of the burn on the ceiling.

It was Aiden. He had bags under his eyes and a purple bruise on his jaw – all in all, he looked a mess. He ignored me and walked in going straight to the fridge. No. April, ask him questions. Find out more about your situation – find out more about the party yesterday. Aiden massaged his shoulders and ran his fingers through his hair, he looked extremely tired and his eyes were bleeding into black. His clothes were equally as messy - his black shirt had a rip in one shoulder and his jeans were caked in mud. As he was about to walk past me, I stuck my arm out stopping him. He paused and looked down at me, irritated, frowning at my arm that was blocking his way out.

"Do you have a problem?" 

"Sit down Aiden. I need to ask you some questions." I tried to keep my expression solemn and look as though I meant business, but every time I tried to be serious, I ended up having to force myself not to smile. I heard him sigh, frustrated, and he put down the bottle of water he'd retrieved from the fridge. 

"Wait. First let me ask you one." He replied, chewing on his lower lip as he looked behind him. "Why the hell is there a giant ass burn mark on the ceiling?"

Oh damn.

Photo: Beau my man :)