The Pig Man's Expensive Mistake

-Angelo's POV-

Losing was never a thing I enjoyed, but losing to my little brother was just...

Despicable.

I put too much hope into this whole thing and not enough logic. That's why I was sitting a position under my father now on the leader board. I was going to lose everything if Chloe's biology didn't pick up its pace. I didn't want to take matters into my own hand on this one, but it was starting to look like I was going to have to.

Chloe was asleep on the chair next to me in the waiting room with Sophia on her lap, her head on Chloe's large baby bump. Just by looking at it, you'd think he'd be ready to come out, but he sure was taking his sweet time.

The large set of double doors crashed against the walls due to being pushed open too roughly. Both Soph and I looked to see who had caused the noise and I wasn't surprised in the least to see my father storming out of the adjoining hallway. What was wrong with him?

He stopped right in front of me, "He came out less than spectacularly, so I'm giving you two weeks and not an hour more. You better figure something out," and on that note, he walked away.

I need to go see Doctor Acardi.

-Chloe's POV-

"Angelo, I'm not hungry," I said as he tried to bring me yet another plate of food. He's been doing that all night long, and it was always a different plate.

"Our son probably is. You never eat anything. He needs to be big and strong so take the fucking food," he held the plate right under my nose, and I couldn't help but fall in love with the smells emitting from the hot dish.

"When did you cook this?" I asked. I've literally been sitting in the living room this whole time and I don't remember him ever cooking something so elaborate. "What is it?" It looked like lasagna but I couldn't be too sure, and then there was a random side of pineapple.

"Eggplant Parmesan. My creative juices are flowing."

I took the plate out of his hands just as Sophia rounded the corner and looked at the food. "Can I have some?"

"You're supposed to be in bed," Angelo picked her up so that she couldn't reach for any food on my plate. "Why'd you get up."

"I'm hungry."

"You're not hungry, you just want food. Go back to bed," he kissed her cheeks before setting her back down in the direction of her room.

"I'm hungry," she said stubbornly, giving Angelo the evil eye. Man, were they the same person, and that wasn't always a good thing. When they wanted something, they got it, nothing stood in the way.

Not even a scary father.

"You can have food tomorrow when you wake up. You ate an hour ago. You can't be hungry already."

She made a pouty face and slouched over a little bit, something she got from me. My baby. "Daddy, please. I'm starving."

"Oh my god, you're gonna eat me out of the house Sophia. Go eat a banana or something."

"Can you cut it for me?"

He gave her a look, signaling that she was on his last nerve and then he turned and gave me a look, "are you serious? You still cut bananas up for her? They're the softest food out there, they don't need to be cut."

"Well she likes it. You're her dad, so cut the freaking banana up for her if that's what she wants. Never mind," I got up and started walking towards the kitchen, "I'll do it."