Chapter 1: Humans and Vampires

CHAEYOUNG POV:

I woke up in the morning to a silent atmosphere. My sisters woke up and we all looked out the window together. Silently wishing we were normal. Now already, you may be wondering, Why the heck wouldn't we be normal? Well, that's where a very long story begins.

I am a Vampire, along with my entire family. This all happened after a horrible virus outbreak in 2024. No one knew it was gonna be this bad, but after just one year of the virus, people began turning into Vampires, and yes they drank human blood. So Humans started killing off Vampires. The vampires fought back with their unusual abilities.

This war lasted 25 years, with the Humans trying to figure out a way to stop these vampires. In the end, Humans created Serum 7. It was a substance that could kill a vampire with no problem at all. So they released the substance into every human. It didn't harm the humans, but when a vampire bit into a human it would die, almost instantly.

This substance is no longer injected into humans because after they did it for so long, it was embedded into every human's DNA. So now humans are born with the natural ability to kill Vampires with blood. It even hurts our skin.

Vampires on the other hand, were forced to surrender to humans and eventually a peace treaty was made. Sadly, some crazy vampire decided to make a serum for Vampires as well. We have Serum 13. So if a human kisses us or gets vampire blood into their system, which includes them just getting our blood onto their skin,they will die.

So Vampires can't kill humans and Humans can't kill us. Most would think that Vampires and HUmans live fairly peacefully due to this. No way, Vampires are just burned instead. That way no blood gets onto the human, but Vampires do get their blood pulled for darts that the government uses to kill human terrorists. It's the same for Humans, they get their blood pulled to kill vampires, sadly, vampires can't do anything against their weakness against humans.

I live in 2100, Vampires and Humans are on better terms now. The war between us ended 50 years ago, even if it killed half of the earth's populations. I will get killed if I am found out. Unlike Vampires, Humans have refused to give up on killing vampires.

So I live in a world where I am hunted and I can be kill with a single drop of human blood

Now that I gave you the back story, heres some basics you NEED to know on us Vamps. Yes, we are hurt from the sun, but Serum 13 has stopped that affect on us. No, we do not drink Human blood, we can't, we just drink deer blood. Earth has had an abundance of deer lately. No, we cannot have children with humans, that is impossible thanks to the serums. Yes, we still have abilities. Lastly, yes we sleep. I don't even know where the concept of Vampires not sleeping came from, but we can sleep.

So I think that cover all of the stuff you need to know.

"Chaeyoung, let's go please, we're gonna be late." Tzuyu, my 2 second younger sister said.

"Yes hurry, please!" Dahyun, my 2 second older sister said.

I quickly picked up my backpack and I was already in my uniform. I'm going to a new school today, as a Transfer. Yet me being me I ran out the door with my parent's following right behind me.

"GIrls, you forgot your lunch, that you'll literally die without." My dad, Jonghyun said.

"Oh, oops sorry..." I said, laughing a little bit.

"Don't forget these." My mom, Eunhye said.

We gave our parent's smiles as we grabbed our lunch boxes. Mine is blue, Tzuyu's is green, and Dahyun's is purple. Our parents decided to get us a cold color scheme for our lunch boxes.