Chapter 2: Christmas

I woke up with the sun shining in my face. It was around 10:30 am. Thank God it was summer vacation. I lazily got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower.
I had to go see the doctor again at noon. Great. I got out of the shower and put on a comfy outfit since I was going to be sitting for hours again. I brushed my long, brown hair and put it up in a high messy ponytail. I put my contacts in my eyes and put on mascara to accentuate my falsely green eyes and a hint of blush. I go downstairs into the kitchen and see a plate of food ready for me accompanied by a note. "Eat well! I don't want you feeling sick throughout your therapy. - mom"
I only ate half of it. I wasn't very hungry plus I didn't want to be late. The quicker I got there, the quicker I'd be out and the quicker I could go with my dance crew in the downtown area of my town. Yeah, I dance. Something me and ..him used to do together but now I'm fine with dancing with my girls. We post regular dance covers and stuff on YouTube but we're pretty average. No big deal.
~~~~~
I'm finally called in to talk to the doctor after what felt like forever. I take my purse off and get comfy on the sleek leather couch.
"Good afternoon Sungjee. Ready to get started? Just tell me a little bit more about this boy." The doctor got her usual pen and clipboard ready to write.
"Well after that first day of kindergarten we stayed really good friends. Best friends actually. He brought me gummy bears every single day for lunch. I never got sick of them. We always played together at recess and even after school a lot. My mom was really glad I made a friend. We would have regular play dates afterschool considering the fact that he only lived like 8 houses down the block from me.
Now fast forward 2 years. We were eight and it was Christmas. Our families grew really close over those two years so they decided to spend Christmas together at my house. Yugyeom and I promised to get each other just one meaning full gift. He'd been obsessed with Chris Brown's music and dancing for a while now so I made my mom help me buy him the Nike sneakers Chris Brown wore a lot to help him be like Chris Brown. To add a little personal touch to them I had the words "I believe in you- S" stitched under the tongue of the sneakers. Yugyeom was going to be famous one day. I knew he'd be. The amount of talent he had for an eight year old was unbelievable. He didn't believe in himself though. But I wanted to let him know that somebody did.
I had my present all wrapped up and ready for when he came through that door. Finally the bell rang but he let himself in before anyone could open the door. 'MERRY CHRISTMAS GUMMY BEAR!' He ran up to me with his present for me in his hands and hugged me. He was wearing a red dress shirt with a little black bow tie. Surprise, surprise. It matched my sparkly red tutu dress coincidentally.
'Open my gift first, Yugy. You'll love it!"
He ripped off the wrapping paper down to the Nike box and his jaw dropped as soon as he saw the logo. "Sungjee! You didn't!" He opened the box to find the clean white sneakers he's been wanting for so long.
'Look on the inside!' I pointed to them and he read the little message I left for him inside. He dropped the box on the couch and just engulfed me in a huge bear hug.
'Thank you so much! I love them! You're the best friend ever. And don't worry I'll become the greatest idol you've ever seen. That's a promise. And you know I never break my promises." He wrapped his pinky with mine and we stamped our thumbs to seal the deal. 'Now open my gift!'
He handed me a small light pink box with a gold bow. He knew that was my favorite color. I took off the lid to find a gold heart shaped locket inside. It was absolutely beautiful. I opened the locket and there was a photo of yugyeom and I at my eighth birthday party. On the other side of the inside of the locket was an infinity sign engraved into it with the words I promise written on it. I closed the locket and saw that there were also two little charms on the chain. A Y and an S, both diamond encrusted.
"Yugyeom, this is amazing! The most beautiful thing on earth! Thank you!" I hug him again and he spins me around so he can clasp the locket around my neck.
"Well this locket is a close second on this earth compared to you," he says as he spins me back around.
"Aw!" We both look at the door where both of our parents were watching the whole time, even taking pictures to capture the moment. But I knew that I wouldn't need them to remember this.
~~~~~~~~~
We ate dinner and opened the rest of our gifts. I got the skateboard that I've been wanting for so long but I couldn't ride it until the snow cleared up. Yugyeom and I were chilling in my basement since we were so tired from the day's festivities. My mom had helped me string up Christmas lights around the basement walls for when Yugyeom slept over. We both loved it. It enhanced the magic of the forts we always made on our sleepovers. Tonight was no different. The lights were on and we were already in our pajamas under our fort. My mom rented us a bunch of Christmas movies to watch. In one of them however, there was a small innocent kissing scene. I quickly covered my eyes like my mom always told me to do. I was expecting Yugyeom to do the same but he sighed instead. I took my hands away from my eyes and turned to look at yugyeom.
'Haven't you ever wondered what that would feel like?' Yugyeom asked me. 'To feel true love like that? I just wanna know what that would feel like.'
'I mean I have but I thought it would be wrong. What if we tried it? Just to see what it's like." And with that, we both took a deep breath and then leaned in very carefully, afraid of this new experience. It was both of our first kisses and we had given that to each other. It wasn't slobbery or too tiny of a peck that you could hardly feel him there. It was just right. (A/n: Pun unintentionally intended hehe)
We pulled away and laughed it off. 'Wow, so that's what it feels like," I looked down but yugy just kept laughing. 'What?'
He smiled at me and looked down as well. 'You taste like gummy bears."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aw Yugyeommmm! Anyways, hope you guys liked chapter 2! More on the way soon and don't worry these are just some little background chapters that lead to the main conflict so present day(ish) yugyeom will appear soon. I can't wait!