12

H A R R Y

I knew I was absolutely crazy for sneaking her out of her house to come with me to an abandoned town more than an hour away. It was clear that if her dad found out, he surely would refrain me from ever seeing her again. I wouldn't be surprised if he put a restraining order against me.

I couldn't help steal a few short glances at her as she looked outside at the passing trees in amazement. She found almost everything amazing and that's what I loved the most about her.

"Do you mind if I turn the radio off?" I asked, already doing it without a response but she didn't seem to mind. It suddenly got silent besides the sound of the car on the road.

"What's on your mind love?" I asked, noticing she was deep in thought. She shrugged her shoulders and placed her head against the window.

"Everything. I'm scared my dad is going to realise I'm not there. I don't want either one of us to get into trouble." She sighed, finally turning to look at me. I turned the car and decided to park it on the side of the road, giving my full attention on her.

"Do you want to go back? If you feel really uncomfortable coming with me, I totally understand." I told her. Although it would ruin the whole purpose of the trip, I didn't want her to be travelling with the baggage of guilt and worry.

"No Harry," she sat up, taking my hand In hers and bringing it up to look at it. "I want to come with you I just...I don't want you to get into trouble with him and never be allowed to hang out with me."

"You know I won't let that happen. I promised you when we were 7 that we would always be best friends." I gave her my best smile. She finally looked to her right at me, flashing me her oh so perfect smile.

"Yeah I remember,"  she closed her eyes and leaned her head against my shoulder, her hair laying around her chest. "Good times." I hummed in response and placed a kiss on her forehead, leaning my head down to rest on hers. I could soon hear her soft snores so I decided to push her head back against the window so I could start driving again.

Maybe taking her wasn't exactly the best idea. I could have waited until this drama died down...but this is important too. Even if it means risking losing her to her parents.

Once I started the car, I pulled off the side and back onto the road. It felt as if getting there was taking such a long time and I was beginning to get impatient.

We eventfully arrived an hour and half later and I decided to park in the same spot I had always stood. Looking to my left, I noticed her begin to open her eyes. She blinked rapidly a few times to adjust to the darkness before turning to look at me.

"Are we here?"

"Yeah babe. Come on, I want to show you something."

I jumped out of the car, a cold breeze instantly hitting my bare arms but it didn't bother me anymore. I walked to her side and opened the door wide for her to step out. I took her hand in mine and i could instantly feel the goosebumps on her palm rising, signalling she must have been cold. I released her hand from mine and took my winter jacket from the backseat, wrapping it around her arms.

"Thanks," she mumbled, taking a long deep yawn.

At this point, you could slowly begin to see where the sun would rise with its red and orange tint to the dark sky. Taking her hand in mine again, I led her towards the hill that i had occasionally walked up to in my time of pain.

The walk up was quiet and being cold, the hill was difficult to climb. But Lana never complained. She quietly followed me closely behind, giving me a reassuring smile everytime i looked back to check on her.