Chapter 46- Overreacting

I waited patiently for Daryl to come and talk to me, I needed to tell him about Ryan before someone else does. Soon I heard heavy foot steps pounding up the stairs. I sat up and Daryl burst threw the door.

"Whats wrong, everythin' okay?" He asked as he shut the door behind him. He walked over to the bed and sat down next to me.

"I need to tell you something, it's very important and I'm not sure how you'll react." I whispered.

Fear poured into his eyes as he waited for me to continue. I bit my lip and took his hand, he tensed when I touched him.

"Ryan talked to me this morning." I said quietly. Daryl grit his teeth and waited for me to continue.

"He said he wants me back, he said he's going to fight for me. He, he also kissed me." I said just above a whisper.

He tensed even more and looked down at the bed. "Do you still love 'em?" He asked quietly.

I shook my head. "No, ,I don't love him. He hurt me too much, I don't think I can even love him as a friend or a brother." I said quickly.

He looked up at me and stared into my eyes. "Do you love me?" He asked quickly.

My eyes widened as I already knew the answer to his question. I gave him a small smile and nodded.

He didn't do anything, he just looked at me. "Do you love me?" I asked him quietly.

"I think I might." He said quietly. A smile lit up my face but quickly disappeared when I looked at his face.

"Did you like it?" He asked gruffly. He frowned and waited for my response.

"Like what?" I asked confused.

He stood up and towered over me. "THE KISS!" He yelled. I was surprised he was so worked up over this.

"No, I didn't want him to kiss me!" I yelled back.

Daryl stood up and walked from the room. "Where are you going!" I yelled after him.

He didn't answer, I heard the front door slam shut and I threw my feet over the side of the bed. I ignored the burning pain from my leg and I looked out the window. Daryl stormed towards the camp.

"RYAN!" I could hear him faintly yell from outside. Ryan walked out of the camp towards Daryl with a smug smile on his face.

He said something I couldn't hear, I opened the window to listen to their conversation.

"Did you kiss Mariah?" Daryl yelled at Ryan.

Ryan smirked and crossed his arms. "Ya I did, whatcha gonna do about it redneck?" He asked.

Daryl stood still for a moment then punched Ryan square in the jaw. Ryan stumbled back then felt his cheek.

"Typical redneck." He spat at Daryl.

Daryl didn't hesitate, he shoved Ryan to the ground and hit his face. Daryl continued to beat on Ryan, Ryan tried to fight back but Daryl had him pinned.

I didn't really care about how much Ryan got hurt, I didn't care about him. If Daryl got hurt though, Ryan would wish Daryl had killed him.

Jason pulled Daryl off of Ryan and Rick held Ryan back. "Whoa, whoa, whoa whats going on here?" Hershel yelled at the two men.

Daryl ripped out of Jason's grip and stormed away towards the forest. I hobbled back over to my bed and laid down. I gritted my teeth and pulled away the gauze on my leg, protecting the wound from infection.

The area was swollen, red and raw. Purple bruises covered the area around the wound.

I gritted my teeth and pulled the gaze back down on the area. I sighed and laid down in the bed.

I was going to be laying down for a long time, I might as well enjoy it.