"Forgive me..."

We stayed at Beorn's house for that night, we would attend to business in the morning. Thorin was going to stay in my room that night, much to the amusement of Fili and Kili.
"Right," said Gandalf "I think that is quite enough talking for one day."
"Good idea," I yawned. Thorin got up and began to walk to the stairs.
"Thorin?" Asked Fili "Where are you going?" Thorin and I looked at each other, my cheeks going red.
"I'm not sure that was the best question to ask, laddie," said Dwalin. Thorin and I weren't listening, we were too engulfed in panic.
"Uncle?" Asked Kili. I saw Thorin gulp.
"It is none of your business," he said finally and rather coldly. He ignored Fili and Kili's shouts of protest and disappeared upstairs.
"Well done lads," I growled, before following him.
"What was all that about then?" I heard Kili ask before shutting the bedroom door. Thorin was sat on the bed, facing away from me, pulling his boots off.
"Thorin?" I asked.
"I'm fine Eleana," he snarled.
"You don't sound fine," I continued, stepping closer to him.
"I said I'm fine," growled Thorin defensively "Just leave me alone."
"Thorin..." I began.
"Leave me alone!" He shouted. I staggered back a step, as if he had hit me. I bit my lip, willing myself not to cry.
"Fine," I whispered hoarsely "I'll leave you alone." And with that, I left my room and climbed down the stairs.
"We heard shouting... Eleana, are you okay?" Asked Aleron, seeing the tears on my face. I ignored her, walking outside. The cold air hit me like a punch in the face. I went to head over to the trees, but then the memories from earlier that day hit me. I saw myself, sat on Thorin's lap, kissing him. I saw Aleron and I, watching the lads train, wide grins on our faces. The memories hurt, despite being happy ones.
"Eleana," came Aleron's voice behind me.
"I'm fine Aleron," I lied "I just needed some fresh air."
"The tears on your face tell a different story," she said, coming and standing next to me. She put an arm around my shoulders.
"You and Thorin had an argument didn't you?" She asked. I nodded.
"Well, it's more that he's mad at Fili and Kili and ended up taking his anger out on me," I said.
"Right, I'm going to speak to him," said Aleron.
"Please don't," I begged "I'm sure he'll calm down in a minute."
"I'm going to speak to him whether you like it or not," said Aleron decisively "If he thinks he can shout at you like that and get away with it, he's got another thing coming to him." She turned around and went back inside.
"Aleron!" I called but I was talking to empty air. I stayed where I was, lost in thought. I tried to ignore the loud voices coming from the house, I tried to ignore the tears running down my face and the wind biting at my skin cruelly. After a while, the shouting stopped and the house fell silent. Within a few moments, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and the door creaking open.
"Eleana," came the rich, deep voice that I loved.
"Thorin," I croaked, my voice hoarse from crying.
"I've just spoken with Aleron, I never knew she cared for you so much," said Thorin. I didn't reply, I didn't even look at him.
"She told me that I had upset you, that I need to control my temper if I wish to keep your loyalty," he continued. I still refused to meet his gaze.
"Eleana," whispered Thorin. I could tell he was fighting back tears.
"Eleana, forgive me..." He begged. I'd never heard Thorin beg, I was convinced he was being sincere. I turned to face him. There were tears in his ice blue eyes, his face was somber.
"Thorin," I whispered, reaching out to touch his face with one shaking hand. He stepped forward, leaning into my hand like a cat. I stroked his cheek with my thumb, trying desperately to stop shaking.
"Eleana," he whispered. I put a finger on his lips.
"Shush," I whispered "Just forget about it." Thorin smiled at me, but the sadness lingered in his eyes.
"Thorin," I whispered, relishing saying his name. Thorin stepped closer to me, putting his hands on my waist. He looked up at my with his sad blue eyes, fighting back the tears that weren't going to come.
"Forgive me..." He whispered again. I pressed my lips against his forehead, wrapping my arms around him. He moved his head and pressed his lips against mine, capturing me in a breathtaking kiss. I pulled away after a few moments, breathing heavily. I let out a quiet gasp as Thorin began to kiss my neck.
"Stop," I whispered. Thorin drew away from me.
"Why?" He asked "You were enjoying that."
"Can we at least go inside?" I asked "It's cold out here." Thorin let out a quiet chuckle.
"Fair enough." He took my hand and lead me back inside.
~{<>}~
Neither of us could sleep, though we could tell from the snoring from across the hall and downstairs that everyone else was. Thorin rolled over to look at me, I shuffled closer to him. We started to kiss. I could feel Thorin's hands on my hips as he pulled himself closer to me.
That night we mated.