EIGHT

I walked back into my house to find Emmett and Carlisle sitting on the couch watching football. "How's she holding up? We can hear her from here," Carlisle asked as I entered the living room. "I read her mind. She didn't really cope the fact that she had cancer until just a few hours ago. She fell asleep on my way back here," I explained. He just nodded while Emmett has a sympathetic look.
I walked up the staircase and down the hall to my room. I heard Jasper sitting in his room alone. What do I do. I'll see her at school tomorrow. Why is she so upset? Why won't they tell me? He thought.
Go ahead and tell him. He's in his room. Carlisle said through his mind. I walked down to Jaspers door and walked in.
"Hey, buddy," I said. He turned over and looked at me. He laid on his back staring at the ceiling on his couch. "Your back," he commented. "Couldn't stand hearing her cry," I explained. "What's wrong?" He asked. "She's upset," I answered. "I know that," he scoffed. "She's upset because she only six months left to live," I explained.
"Why!" He shouted standing up at vamp speed. "Cancer," I whispered low enough only for vampires to hear with sadness oozing out of my voice. "Oh god," he mumbled. He ran his hands through his hair. "Carlisle will be treating her. But hey, she'll be over here more often now." I tried to help. "Yeah," he sighed. "I'm sorry," I said leaving the room.

Emmett's POV

"Come on you'll be late!" Esme announced through the house. We all vamp sped down to the first level and said goodbye to Carlisle and Esme. I got in rose's car with jazz and Alice in the back. Edward was taking bells to school. We pulled up next to the Volvo and got out. We stood around talking when Britt walked into the parking lot she walks to school every day.
You wouldn't notice anything different about her to the human eye. But since we are vampires, we can point out many differences. Like how her cheeks are stained red with tears even with makeup on. How her eyes are puffy from crying and lack of sleep. The bags under her eyes, even humans can't see. She was a mess. But she covered it well for humans sake.
She went straight to her first class which we followed her shortly after she left. My arm and Rosalie's waist the whole time.

   The day was finally over and I was walking down the crowded hallway by myself. I saw Britt a little bit ahead of me. I walked faster to catch up to her. "Carlisle wants you over at our place at seven to start treatment," I whispered in her ear as I walked by. She nodded quickly and that was that.

Britt's POV

I pulled out my phone as I was on my way home. "Dad, I'm going over to jakes. We have a lot to talk about," I said into the phone. He agreed and we hung up. I want practically running to Billy's. I was thinking about what I was going to say the whole way there. I started crying but I didn't even realize until I was right on the doorstep.
I knocked on the door to find bully sitting in his wheelchair answering it. "Hey, Bri-" he started to say. "What's wrong sweetie?" "Where's Jacob?" I asked. "In the garage with quill and Embery." He said. "The three of us need to talk," I told him. "I'll go get him," he offered. "No I got it," I said running over to the garage.
And sure enough the three of them stood in the garage. Quill and Embery were talking with Jacob while he was working on a car. "Hey Britt!" Jacob exclaimed. "What's wrong baby?" He asked running over to hug me. "I need to talk to you and billy." I said into his shirt. "Sure, I'll see you guys later," he said leading me or of the garage.

"What's up?" Jacob asked sitting down on the couch. I stood looking at Jacob and billy who were both sitting down. "I don't know how to tell you. This isn't very easy," I started to say. "Would it help if you write it down?" Bully asked. I nodded. Jake got up and got me a notepad and pen.
I scribbled down on the paper, I have a Brian tumor. It's already spread to far. I only six months left. I handed the notepad to billy first. He read and gasped. He looked at me and just nodded. He past it to Jacob. It didn't go as smooth.
Jacob threw the the notepad on the ground. "What! Six months. You mean I have six months until your gone. Till your dead!" He screamed. "Jacob," I said running after him out of the house. He ran into the woods.
"Jacob!" I yelled following after him. I ran through the trees getting lost. I fell to the ground on me knees sobbing. My screams pierced the air filling the sound of silence. I continued to cry and scream for what seemed like a while.
I heard a rustle of trees and looked around from where I laid on the ground. "Jacob?" I whispered, my voice cracking. Jacobs friend, my friend as well, emerged from the trees. "Sam?" I asked. "Shh. It's okay," he said picking me up in his arms. I cried into his shirt.
"Do you know?" I asked him. "Yes. Billy sent me to find you." He explained. "What time is it?" I asked him. "6:48," he answered. "Crap, I need to get to the Cullen's." I mumbled. "I'll take you," he offered. "Thanks," "it's okay. You can relax. We'll be there soon," he told me.
I laid my head down on his hard chest, tears slowly escaping my eyes.