Part 2

Lawliet's POV

        "Kiki I still don't want you working this case," I say.

        "I'll either work with you on it or work on it myself," she says. That's for more dangerous. She'll be in danger either way. Though she will be safer if she is working with me, I've found over the years that she is likely to take risks if it means solving a case. I don't want her taking those risks herself.

        "Fine, I'll allow you to work with me on it. Only because there is a 82% chance of you getting hurt if you work on this alone while there is only a 56% chance if you work with me," I say.

        "Thank you L," she says with a smile.

        "You should get back to school now. I'll call you around 8 tonight to discus the case," I say and she nods.

        "Alright, bye." She says and leaves. She isn't what I though she would be like.  Her hair is white, while Watari did mention that I figured it would be blonde now, she's shorter than you're average person, while she seems confident from our talks I can tell now she is quite shy. She reminds me of someone, I just can't remember who.

        "Watari I want you to find out everything about Kiki." I say. I trust her completely, but it still doesn't hurt to know just who you're working with. He nods and leaves. "The game has begun Kira and now I have more than enough help."

Kiki's POV

So, I ended up not going back to school. I have the next 2 months worth of homework done for all of my classes and it's not like I would be learning anything new. So now I'm sitting on a swing at a park a few blocks from school. I take out my phone and hit shuffle on a random playlist of mine. 'How To Save A Life' by The Fray plays.

Step one, you say, "We need to talk."

He walks, you say, "Sit down. It's just a talk."

He smiles politely back at you

You stare politely right on through

Some sort of window to your right

As he goes left and you stay right

Between the lines of fear and blame

You begin to wonder why you came

I actually remember the first time I hear this song. I was finishing up a case with Lawliet when I was 13. I had started humming it while we were talking on the phone then I sang the chorus and he sung along.

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life

Sometimes I wonder about Lawliet. I know next to nothing about him. I know he'll have Watari find out everything about me by tonight. I wish I knew more about him.

Let him know that you know best

'Cause after all you do know best

Try to slip past his defense

Without granting innocence

Lay down a list of what is wrong

The things you've told him all along