16: Magnolia

"Dinner last night was good

"Dinner last night was good." Maggie spoke, walking into my room from the bathroom. She was wearing nothing besides Damon's shirt, which she stole from my closet after dinner last night. "It's nice having actual food. The last few weeks I've had noodles every night." (She was wearing underwear too lol lets make that clear.)

"Yeah." I nodded, reading my unread messages. Damon texted me and told me that Rose was bitten by a werewolf named Jules last night, and the bite is infected, so he is having Elena watch over Rose while he tries to find a cure for the bite. Stefan texted me and said he had a question for me. I replied to Damon, saying a simple Thanks for letting me know, but i didn't reply to Stefan's. I had a feeling the question would be something along the lines of 'Now that Elena and I aren't dating-'.

"You're not happy that I'm here, are you?" Maggie sat on my bed, pulling my phone from my hand to get my attention. "You haven't even smiled at me once since i showed up."

"I'm not not happy that your here, i just.." I paused, taking a deep breath. "I'm going through a lot right now, and a surprise visit didn't really help out any."

"Yeah, right." Maggie nodded, "I'm sorry that i showed up without any notice, but there wasn't anyway to get ahold of you. You never replied to my texts, or answered my calls."

I nodded as well, about to say something when i heard someone walk onto the porch, then the doorbell ring. "One second." I smiled small at Maggie before making my way downstairs. She followed me until i got to the bottom of the stairs, but she stayed at the top of the stairs.

I opened the door, and groaned internally when i saw Stefan standing in front of me. "Hey, you alright?"

I shrugged, "Yeah. Why wouldn't i be?"

"I texted you and you didn't reply." Stefan said, his arms crossed over his chest.

I nodded, letting out a small laugh. "Right, i must've forgotten to press Send." I smiled innocently before glancing back up at Magnolia. Stefan was still outside the house, so neither of them could see each other. "What was your question?"

"Do you happen to know Isobel's number?" Stefan asked, attempting to look up at what i was. I pressed my hands against his chest and pushed him further outside. If Magnolia sees him, she's probably going to freak out about how he knew me after Chicago but she didn't.

"Uh, no? Why would i?" I asked back, now crossing my arms over my chest. "I haven't seen her since she kidnapped Jeremy. I didn't really have time to exchange digits before she left."

"I didn't mean to upset you." Stefan sighed, "I want to know more about Elijah, and i was hoping that Isobel would know something. I was going to ask Ric for her number, but i thought with her having a little more love for you than Elena, maybe she has tried making contact with you. But, i'll ask Ric."