25

Cover in media by @Dream_Catcher1233

Well it's longer than I expected but shorter than I hoped. I'm sorry. :( I've experienced a little writers block.

But I would like to say, TO THOSE OF YOU WHO GUESSED THE RIGHT PERSON OMG I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! Lol I actually screenshotted every comment who guessed the right bad guy of the pack.

And, I do love Darren's raw emotional side, don't you? Hope I didn't hurt your hearts too bad. <3

-

Darren's POV

I slowly push myself up, looking over Blaire. Last night was perfect. And now the mating process is complete, I can feel it.

I slide out of bed only to hear a small noise from Blaire. Half-lidded eyes look back at me as I look over. She still seems to be half asleep.

"Must you leave?" She whispers.

"Well..." I look her over, her body tangled in the covers like every morning. I chuckle and lay back down. "But we need to shower."

"Mhm," she rests herself on my chest. "Not now."

I play with her hair. "You're perfect."

We lay there, in a peaceful silence. It's wonderful. But all good things must come to an end, Blaire decides she wants to get up. She winces a bit with her first few steps which I laugh at, but she simply keeps walking.

I shower with her before we go downstairs for breakfast. Which, as always, Blaire is quite eager for.

"What's for breakfast today?" She asks excitedly.

"Well... How bout pancakes?" I smile.

Blaire nods happily while I go on to making her and I pancakes. I slip into her mind as I work, her thoughts wandering. She doesn't push my out, she just thinks about different things. From rogues, to our night, to Luke, to Claire. Then her thoughts go to a song. London Bridge is Falling Down. The memory is of her mother singing it to her, she loves the song.

"London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. London bridge is falling down, my fair lady." I sing placing the plate of pancakes down in front of her.

"Build it up with wood and clay, wood and clay, wood and clay. Build it up with wood and clay, my kind sir." Blaire smiles.

"Wood and clay will wash away, wash away, wash away. Wood and clay will wash away, my fair lady." I reply in song.

Blaire laughs happily and we sing the song back and forth all the way through. Finally I realize, Blaire is comfortable here. She finally considers it her home, where she feels safe.

Where we can be at peace together.

***

Blaire's POV

After breakfast, Darren told me he had one thing to do before we could spend the day together. And it's quick, so he brings me to the office with him.

I wait in the 'lobby' for him since I don't want to go in. His office is full of smart people stuff, I've learned I'm not very smart.

"Oh, hello Blaire! I was hoping to see you today." Calder's voice comes from in front of me.

I look up and smile. "Hello Calder! What did you need?"

"I want to check up on your leg and just do a check up. To see how you're doing since you first came here. Could we go now?" Calder asks.

I link Darren, asking if I can. He says yes, reminding me it's only because the pack doctors is close. I giggle a little at that.