War Prisoner Chapter 18

Title: WAR PRISONER

.

Author: 梨花烟雨(Li Hua Yan Yu) /Lê Hoa Yên Vũ

.

Genre: ancient, imperial, 1×1 & reverse attachment/ opposite attraction

.

Warning: Violent and Rape in early chapters

.

Disclaimer: I own nothing; this is for yaoi fan with no finance gain. Please support the original author in the full website.

.

---
War Prisoner Chapter 18

Su Yi immediately began to struggle; his physical condition was now miles removed from what it had been during the period of time he was being tortured. After he gave Wanyan Xu a few hard punches, Wanyan Xu actually found that he was unable to keep a good hold of Su Yi, almost dropping him down. He heaved a disgruntled sigh and said: "I [1] didn't think that allowing your body to recuperate would have such an unpleasant consequence." As he was speaking, he set Su Yi down. Wanyan Xu's eyes were bright and glittering and he was resolved that today would be the day he would finally savour this delightful morsel.

Su Yi's anxiety didn't subside. Although his body was much healthier than before, he was still nowhere as hale and hearty as Wanyan Xu. Su Yi could only increase his guard, keeping his eyes firmly fixed on Wanyan Xu, he did not even dare to blink, for fear that the enemy would be able to take advantage of any small opening to press his advantage.

Just as the two were deadlocked, a sweet and gentle voice was heard from outside the door: "Your Majesty, Zi Yan begs an audience."

Su Yi could finally relax and heaved a big sigh, he knew that Zi Yan had deliberately interrrupted so that Wanyan Xu could not get intimate with Su Yi; her arrival was fortunate indeed, rescuing Su Yi from a sticky situation. From Wanyan Xu's perspective however, he had been interrupted just as the fun was beginning. Displeasure was written all over his face. However, he was a conscientious monarch at his core; he never allowed his whims to dictate his actions. He had no choice but to let this opportunity slip, and said glumly: "What is it?"

Seeing that Wanyan Xu would rather leave the room than allow her entry, and was not bothering to hide his extreme irritation, Zi Yan hurried to reply: " Reporting to your Majesty, General Yu Cang is leading his victorious army back to court, the letter that was just delivered says he has reached the Wang Jing Pavilion five li [2] outside the capital."

After hearing these words, the stormy expression on Wanyan Xu's face finally cleared up, and he said genially: "He has returned? That's wonderful! Send down my edict, all civil and military officials above the fourth grade will accompany me to the Triumphant Pavilion ten li outside the city to welcome General Yu."

Su Yi saw that his spirits had become jubiliant in the blink of an eye, all because Yu Cang had achieved great merit by destroying Qi. Upon the reminder that his ancient country had now been destroyed and his countrymen and himself were now reduced to being rudderless people that belonged to no state, grief overtook his heart. Suddenly weak-kneed, he sat heavily on the bed just behind him. Balling up his fists, he forced himself to restrain his tears, unwilling to lose his poise in front of Wanyan Xu.

Wanyan Xu turned back to look at him, walking to Su Yi, he enfolded him in an embrace. Su Yi was startled and immediately tried to break free, only to hear Wanyan Xu say softly: "Don't think so much, I will regard the citizens of Great Qi as my own people. If you are not willing to remain here, and miss your own country, I promise you, I will eventually show you how to fulfill your wish. If you feel like crying, perhaps it would be best to just cry. Burying your distress in your heart, it would be sad if you should fall ill." Rising, he smiled and said: "My timing is bad today, you have managed to escape. But I will eventually savour this flavour, in the meantime, you should take care of your health well." Wearing a big smile, with long strides, he left.

Su Yi stared blankly at his retreating figure, unable to believe that those words, which could be considered gentle, had passed from the lips of this man, who was the ruler of an enemy nation. Thinking back, he was struck by a distressing thought: he has captured me, destroyed the Great Qi, he has been granted his wishes. Under such joyous circumstances, he would inevitably be in high spirits and say these lovely things to demonstrate his generosity and broad-mindedness. If I take them to heart, I will be a fool.

Before he could finish sorting through his thoughts, he heard the sound of the door opening. Looking up, he saw Zi Yan hastily approach, saying in a low voice: "General Su, didn't you do as I told you?"

Su Yi coldly replied: "I did just as you suggested, and caused this sorry state of affairs. Miss Zi Yan, don't tell me your intentions don't match your words, were you trying to help your king in his efforts to make me surrender?" Thinking of how hard he had worked to struggle pass all his misgivings to say those heart-felt words that he never thought would pass his lips, with the only result being that he had managed to bring upon greater disaster, he felt flames of anger burning in his gut.

Zi Yan hesitated, almost as if speaking to herself, she said: "no, even though I would never dare to say that I understand his Majesty's temperament very well, but I do have some knowledge of it. He usually hates craven weaklings, if you had done as I suggested, he would no longer have any reason to be interested in you. What has slipped through the cracks, why has the plan backfired instead?"

Su Yi replied: "How would I know, but if Miss truly wants to take revenge, I'll teach you an effective and satisfying method."

Zi Yan raised her head and looked at him suspiciously, only to hear him say succinctly: "If you kill me, you will have avenged your brother, and I will no longer have proximity to your king. Does that not remove all your worries?" So saying, he smoothly pulled out the dagger Zi Yan wore at her waist. His starry eyes were filled with determination as he said to her: "What are you hesitating for? If you don't seize this chance, you may never be able to take revenge."

Zi Yan's eyes were flashing as she looked at him, and suddenly said: "General, your country has been destroyed; I can understand your desire to die along with her. But I don't understand why you refuse to die by your own hand, why do you need Zi Yan to end your life instead? Does the General lack the courage to meet death?"

Surprisingly, Su Yi gave a sad chuckle and said: "If I should have the freedom to decide my own life or death, I couldn't be more delighted. But your king is using the lives of the citizens and captured troops of the Great Qi as a means of controlling me. Does Miss understand my difficulties now? If I die by Miss's hands, he would have no reason to vent his rage on the captured soldiers and citizens of the Great Qi. You are his favoured attendant; he will not take his anger out on you for the sake of a lowly prisoner of war such as me. Although the animosity between Miss and I is as deep as the ocean, I know that you have an upright character. Su Yi only hopes that after his death, you will often advise your king to treat the people of Great Qi kindly. Su Yi will be sincerely grateful for your benevolence in the underworld."

Zi Yan's gaze suddenly grew warm, taking the dagger, she said softly: "General Su can be reassured. Although Zi Yan does not dare to guarantee anything, but if his Majesty decides to vent his rage on your people and soldiers, Zi Yan will do her utmost to dissuade him." She reached out for the dagger, clearly articulating each word, she asked: "The General has really decided on this course?" Su Yi did not reply, slowing closing his eyes, wearing a beatific smile upon his face.

End of Chapter 18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1]: Wanyan Xu uses the royal "I/me" throughout this chapter

[2]: Chinese unit of measurement that has varied greatly throughout the centuries. A modern li is half a metric kilometre.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------