21| ''You belong with me''

A/N: Picture of Keira's childhood home in Caleburg in the media.

KEIRA

'Jett!' I shouted as he turned.

He had stayed still for merely a second before he disappeared from view. I had temporarily forgotten my injuries and upon trying to get up I hissed and fell back to the couch.

'You can't go,' Lady Eluen exclaimed, putting one hand on my shoulder.

'No,' I whispered, feeling tears pool by my eyes, 'I-I didn't want him to find out this way. I-Fück!' burying my face in my hands I sobbed, 'I'm so fücking stupid'.

JETT

Rage was everything I was scared of, and it embodied me.

It flowed through my veins, a searing hot emotion that burst past every single locked power I had. Through all the private lessons with Madame Mercy and the countless reminders from my peers that I needed to have full control over my Elrioud powers - I was finally failing.

'Jett?' Vince stood up once I reached the door, 'What is it? What happened?'

My friends had waited up for me when I told them I forgot to ask Eluen something. They now gathered by the door that would lead me outside, the door that would lead me to Edmund.

'Get out of my way,' I growled, shoving the arm aside that Blaze had placed in front of me.

'Hey, stop treating him that way,' Sorcha piped up, her arms crossing.

'Stop pushing your limits, Fyr,' I snarled before Blaze took a stance in front of his sister.

His upper lip pulled up and the red in his eyes was alight, 'Shut up about my sister'.

The power that rumbled up from inside my chest was uncontrollable but I could see the worried looks of my companions as the Lounge around us started to disintegrate.

'What is happening here?' a voice sounded and I knew it was Jaixon without turning around.

'GET OUT OF MY WAY,' I roared, watching them gather in front of the door.

'Look Jett,' Vincent held up his hands, 'no matter what's going on, we can talk about it. You need to calm-'

'SHUT UP,' I bellowed, my fists tightening so hard my fingers cracked, 'Let me out of here'.

'Get a grip, Lionfield,' Jaixon commented from the side and Pixie's wide eyes stared at me anxiously from behind Vincent's arm.

I took in a deep breath, 'You won't let me out?' The defensive expressions of my companions was all I needed, 'Fine,' I spat, 'I'll get out myself'.

KEIRA

'What was that sound?'

Lady Eluen and I both looked up at each other upon the sound of screams and the sound of something large falling; it sounded like explosives.

'Stay here,' she ordered once before she hurried off, in too much a haste to shut the door behind her.

Another loud explosion sounded and I cast one look at my wound before propping myself up by the elbows. There was a heavy feeling on my heart and the pit of my stomach was flipping cartwheels.

Something was wrong - I could feel it.

My legs felt weak and out of my control when I reached the door. How long had I not walked by myself? Nearly two weeks?

Feeling like an actual Bambi, I leaned against the walls as I made my way to the main floor of the Lounge. Letting go of the wall I stumbled the few steps towards the people gathered in the centre of the dance floor before my legs finally gave away and I fell to my knees.