Waiting

I watched as the wind created small waves in turquoise water below me. Hues of orange, red, and pink illuminated the clear sky. I admired the fuchsia dainty flowers on a tree beside me and took in a deep breathe. My mind was at peace and I genuinely smiled feeling happy. I closed my eyes and I could see a light getting brighter and brighter.

The sunshine spilling through my window pulled me from my relaxed state of sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in my warm and bright bedroom. Damn, it was just a dream. Rolling over onto my back I squinted at my iPhone screen. 11:23.

I groaned and stretched my body out sprawling my limbs over my entire bed. I was dozing back to sleep as I heard footsteps coming toward my room.

The creaking sound of my door opening made me cringe. "What are you still doing in bed Ana?" Cara questioned as she walked over to me with her hands on her hips.

I put my face into my comfortable pillow and shut my eyes, "Trying to sleep."

"It's almost noon."

"I was working late las-," Suddenly I felt a grip on my ankles and before I knew it, my nose was buried into the floor. The sound of Cara giggling filled my box of a room.

"What the hell?" I groaned as I pushed my body up.

"Don't you have a interview to get to?" Cara asked changing the subject.

My eyes widened and my hand automatically smacked my forehead. I had totally forgotten about that. I quickly pushed the home button on my phone and it read, 11:37. I sighed in relief, my interview wasn't until 1:30. But that still didn't leave me a lot of time with the city traffic.

"You're welcome," Cara said while standing in the doorway with her arms crossed.

I rolled my eyes and pushed her out of the way so I could get to the bathroom to get ready.

"A thank you would be polite!" She yelled as I was shutting the bathroom door.

"Thank you!" I rolled my eyes. Cara is always reminding me of things which I am grateful for.

The first thing I did was hop into a steaming shower. Hot showers were definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. I loved the warmth but my skin was not a fan since it usually was red from the heat.

I decided to go with a more natural makeup look for the day, sporting a little eyeliner and mascara. My tired brown eyes stared back at me in the mirror.

I opened my closet and grabbed a black pencil skirt and a maroon blouse. I stared at myself in the full length mirror and satisfaction graced my face. I wasn't sure how to nice to dress but business professional was always a good choice. I bent down and reached for my maroon pencil heels in the back of my closet. My feet slipped into them easily and they were actually quite comfortable.

I grabbed my nude tote bag and headed for the door. I walked into the living room and saw Cara with a smirk on her face.

"Maybe you'll meet a hot office worker while you're there," Cara winked at me. "Or maybe the big boss is hot."

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm not in the market for someone who is more than double my age right now."

"Age is just a number Ana." Cara responded. "Plus he could be young and hot."

I put my hand up and smiled. "I highly doubt that."

"Whatever just go before your late." Cara motioned for me to leave.