War Prisoner Chapter 35

Title: WAR PRISONER

.

Author: 梨花烟雨(Li Hua Yan Yu) /Lê Hoa Yên Vũ

.

Genre: ancient, imperial, 1×1 & reverse attachment/ opposite attraction

.

Warning: Violent and Rape in early chapters

.

Disclaimer: I own nothing; this is for yaoi fan with no finance gain. Please support the original author in the full website.

.

---
War Prisoner Chapter 35

Su Yi would never be able to forget this day, nor will he ever be able to forget the exact moment when he was forced into becoming the Empress of Jin Liao.

Walking slowly along the path that had been covered with a layer of newly-woven red carpet, his heart gave a quiver in time with each step that he took. Perhaps in everyone's eyes, the road he was walking on was the despicable path towards surrender and repudiating his own roots; or perhaps they saw the road he was taking as the glorious path towards having to bow to only one but having supremacy over all others. But however others may view it, Su Yi knew that he could no longer turn back from the path he was set on.

After completing the long and tedious rituals, Wanyan Xu and he adjourned to a grand banquet hall, where a sumptuous feast had been laid out, to receive congratulations and well-wishes from the assembled crowd. From the dais, he looked with disinterest at the Jin Liao courtiers gathered below and felt contemptuous of them for duplicitously concealing their true feelings with smiling faces. He knew that he hated them; hated them because although they clearly disapproved of Su Yi becoming Empress, no one dared to stand up to Wanyan Xu, no one dared to voice their opposition. Maybe if they had, Wanyan Xu would have had to exercise more discretion and as for himself, he might have had at least a chance of escaping this fate.

Once the formal congratulations were completed and the courtiers had been seated, instead of an awkward silence descending upon the assembly as Su Yi had expected, there was a buzz of unprecedented excitement and liveliness in the air. Su Yi thought that these people from Jin Liao must really be good at acting because they obviously should want to leave as soon as possible and be done with this fiasco. Once again, Su Yi internally mocked them for their cowardice, no matter what, he could not believe that they could really accept that their new Empress was none other than an enemy from a country they had defeated and that person would henceforth also be the closest person to their Emperor.

"Su Su, I [1] know that you are not used to making small talk with courtiers, you can stay here and enjoy some snacks while I go down to mingle with them. Ordinarily, I have to be aloof and remote with them; perhaps only at a moment like this, I can interact with them casually for a while." So saying, Wanyan Xu dragged Su Yi over to a corner and had him sit down on a large seat. At the moment, Zi Nong and the other personal attendants were busy with helping out in the hall, so after Wanyan Xu gave Su Yi a few more words of instruction, Wanyan Xu called over a palace maid and bade her to attend to Su Yi carefully. Again addressing Su Yi, he said: "If there are any well-wishers who approach to toast the happy occasion, please give me some face [2], and cope with them as best you can." After saying that, he left, wearing a smile that brightened his whole face.

Su Yi watched as Wanyan Xu's figure weaved among the various courtiers, and when he thought of Wanyan Xu's parting remarks, he couldn't help but to heave a sigh. If he were to be honest with himself, he had to admit that Wanyan Xu's behaviour towards Su Yi could be considered thoughtful and gentle. Besides the matter of crowning Su Yi as Empress, he had deferred to Su Yi's preferences on every other matter and instead of making demands, he had always used polite language and soft words. But whenever Su Yi recalled how he had viciously threatened Su Yi's loved ones, his heart would invariably feel a tremble of fear. From that moment on, he had felt that this person was capable of being fathomlessly vindictive and although he treated Su Yi well at the moment, in future he could turn around and employ even more merciless methods if Su Yi displeased him or to force Su Yi to cooperate on another matter. Every time he thought of this, the little good opinion that he had developed of Wanyan Xu in his heart would vanish like smoke in thin air and furthermore, his heart would feel as if it had become coated with a layer of solid ice.