Was I What You Wanted

-*Your POV*-

            That night, you leaned against the railing of your small porch, just staring up at the sky. It was around six, so the stars still hadn't come out yet. But you were still waiting. You were only out here to escape from your mom, who was drinking sherry in the living room, and Kindle, who was somewhere asleep in your room.
           But mostly, you just wanted to wait for the moon.
     You always were fond of the moon, even before you became Luna Moon. Back when you were little, and your father was still alive, you used to want to go outside in the dawn of winter, and at night, go walking across the thin ice, alone, until you were standing under the moon. Your long hair eclipsed from its normal color into a milky white as your eyes brightened and shimmered from the gaze the moon cast on you.
              You hoped you hadn't  lost the spark that the moon brought to your gaze.
Your finger moved to trace small circles around the chilly railing, absent-minded. Your thoughts drifted away from the moon and back to today's events.
              Adrien.
              And Chloe.
Together. She had a point, though. Adrien had never bothered to dump her after he kissed you. Multiple times. And he could have chosen to break up with her all those times that you kissed... And you kissed him back...
What did that make you?
The girl who was dating the Queen B's boyfriend?
Why had Adrien never thought to dump her? Didn't he want to be with you? I mean, yeah, he did date Ladybug/Marinette, but he already showed you how sorry he was for that. So why wasn't he trying to make it up to you about Chloe? You finally came to a conclusion. If Adrien wanted to be with you, he had to break up with Chloe first.
It was just wrong.
Sure, she was the one who bullied you, but she was still Adrien's girlfriend. He hadn't broken up with her. Not at all. And apparently, no one seems to remember that but you.
At least, that's how it truly felt.
  One question still remained unanswered in your head. Was I really what he wanted? If so, then why hadn't he just done the right thing, and broke up with her?
As the questions swirled around in your brain, you saw a black figure jump onto your railing. You sighed, wishing Kindle was here so you could run away from him.
For a moment, you just leaned there, and he just sat there. You both knew that you needed to talk, but you were both waiting for the other to break first. "Y-Y/n?" Fighting the urge to look at him, you twisted your head to the other side, opposing to the side he was on, pretending like you saw something that required your immediate attention.
"Can we t-talk?" You ignored him. "Please?"
You were mad at him. You felt like he should know that. But he wanted to talk, and he broke first, so it was only fair that you answer him.
Swirling around, you glared at him, trying not to notice the look of guilt and doubt that was clouding over his cat eyes. "What?" You snapped.
Tears pooled in his eyes and you immediately regretted yelling at him, taking a small step back. He didn't move from his perch on the railing. He didn't even de transform, which seemed amiss to you.
"I'm sorry." He choked out, barely above a whisper.
"Look, Adrien, I'm not that mad. But I am upset. If you had just chosen to break up with her in the first place then this wouldn't be-"
"No. I mean I'm sorry for letting her hurt you." That made you curious. Taking a small step towards him, you noticed how broken he looked. What happened?
"Hey, it's fine. It didn't hurt... That much. I'm okay! It's not your fault. But it wouldn't have happened if you would have just broken up with her-"
"I can't!" Cat yelled at the top of his lungs, startling you, as you staggered back into the railing across from him. You'd never heard him yell before. He'd never yelled at you.
You watched as his expression changed to fear and worry as he realized what he'd done. He scared you.
"I-I'm sorry-"
"Don't worry about it. What I want to know is," you stepped towards him, "if you can't break up with her, then why are you going out with me? Do I really mean anything to you? Or are you just cheating on me? Again? Yeah, don't you dare think that I forgot about that. Adrien, I seriously am starting to doubt that you even want to be with me anymore! I mean, would someone who loves me and knows how much I've been through try to hurt me like this?"
              You couldn't seem to stop your voice as it rose in pitch and squeakiness.
All of a sudden, Adrien de transformed and hopped down, inches from your face. You lost your breath for a moment. You were scared.
            You were scared. Why?
  He wasn't going to hurt you. He was Adrien, the sweet, delicate boy you fell in love with. So why were you feeling so doubtful?
            "I love you Y/n. You have to believe that." Anger started boiling up over the fear deep inside you. Nightmare hadn't even crossed your mind until now.
            What? Now you're going to blow up? Just AFTER I saved your life?
You ignored her. "How can I believe you when you cheated on me? How can I believe you when you're still cheating on me? I'm sorry Adrien, but it's either me or her. You have to choose, I'm not going to stick around if this is how you're going to treat me."
            Adrien leaned forward to kiss you, but at the last second, you lifted up your palm in between your mouths, blocking his from reaching yours.
           You were mad.
  No, it was more than mad. You were furious.
            "Y/n-"
       "JUST PICK ONE!"
            "You!"
       "Ha! Yeah, right, good one,"
            "Seriously."
         "Oh, you so sure about that?"
            "Yeah."
       "Get out."
             "No."
           "This is my home, Adrien!"
       "I don't care."
            "What? You think you can just stay here?"
        "Yeah."
           "Go home, and go to sleep."
       "You go to sleep."
           "I... Hate doing this." You were the first to break. You fell to the bottom of the porch and put your head in your hands. Adrien fell down next to you.
          "I'm not that crazy about it either."
  You looked up at him. "Then why?"
          "It's hard to explain."
         "But I want to know."
         "You won't understand."
  You were about to protest but decided he was right. You never really understood why you fell in love with him in the first place, who's to say you'd understand his reason? Still, you had to ask him one more question.
          "Was I what you wanted?"
    "Huh?"
           "Was I what you wanted? As in taking off the Luna Moon mask? I mean, when I'm Luna Moon, I'm crazy, quick thinker, and talented... I guess... But once you take off the mask? What do you have left? Just a sad, broken girl inside."
            "Family hero."
     Adrien wrapped his arm around you. "What's that?"
           "A family hero is the one who is the center of attention, the one who always is amazing and cunning and makes everything better again. They're amazing, and almost everyone likes them. Then there's the inside. Truly, they're faking confidence. They're hurt, and tired, anxious, depressed. Just like you."
            You smiled at him. It was annoying how he knew you so well. Yet sweet.
   "And what are you?"
            "The forgotten child. You know, the one that's usually hanging out in the shadows, the one no one really notices. On the inside, I'm hurt, ashamed, shy, and just plain lonely."
             "But you're a model, everyone likes you," you smiled sadly, "no one likes me."
     "Yeah right, I'm in love with you. Niño likes you, Alya, Rose, Juleka, Kim, Max... Shall I continue?"
              You laughed. "No. But seriously, was I really what you wanted?"
  Adrien looked down at you, the emotions in his eyes so strong and powerful. And just by looking at them, looking deep down...
            You knew the answer.