Chapter 4

***********************

Ever since i told aunt Risa my answer to the marriage proposal, she has been treating me like i am something precious and i don't like it.

Our wedding date has been sat for 3 days from now. In my opinion, that is too early but my soon to be in law's decided it will be batter to get it over with as soon as possible.

I was in my room reciting the Quran when Laiba walks into my room. I close the book and look up at her. She gives me a disgusted look. She hates me more now that her mom treats me better.

" They are calling you downstairs," she says.

" for what?" i ask and she just shrugs. I get off of my bed and slowly walk downstairs. I am still not comfortable around my future in laws.

Once i am in the living room, everyone turns to look at me. Zaid was also there. He was setting there with his feet up on top of the table.

I cant believe he is actually a CEO of a huge company. He sure doesn't look like one. He looks like a careless arrogant jerk.

When our eyes connected he smirked, sitting up straighter. I look away from him and focus my eyes on the floor after taking a seat. I have tried to avoid running into him but when i am living in the same house as him, it is impossible. I feel uncomfortable under his gaze. It makes my heart beat faster and i just want to pull it out and step on it.

" good, now that Nadia is here...what did you want to talk to us about," uncle asks Zaid's dad.

" She needs to sign the contract," his dad replies, placing a paper in front of me.

" A contract?" i ask confused.

" of course... You will only be married to him for only 4 month for his protection and the media to see and after that when he is about to move, you two will get a divorce...and in return we will save your uncles company...that was the deal we made." Zaid's dad explains.

I look down at my hands. I can't believe i am ruining my life like this. But i have to do it if i want to save uncles company. I nod and take the pen that he hands me. I sign my name on the bottom of the page.

" remember...this marriage is a business deal...all you have to do is act as his wife and protect him when needed," Zaid's dad says. All i could do was nod.

Oh Allah what has my life come too?

I dont want my marriage to be a business deal and a contract.

I wanted a happy marriage with someone who is willing go spend their life with me.

" I want you two to get along in these four months, do you understand?...remember the deal...," Zaid's dad says.

" dont worry dad..i will treat her very well," Zaid says, he had a creepy smile on his face.

" but i have a request," i say turning to his dad.

" and that is?"

" i still want to go to collage since i have exam in 3 months." i say.

" very well th-," Zaid cuts him off.

" dad she is going to marry me...so i should be the one to decide that," Zaid says, looking at me with a smirk now. I so wanted to slap that smirk off of his face.

" ok...now that thats done...the mehendi night will be tomorrow," Zaid's mom says.

After that little meeting, i go back to my room and just sit in my bed. All different types of things are running through my head.

Nadia dont do this.

But i have to.

No you dont... You cant get married to a devil like him.

But i have no choice.

Yes you do...just say no.

I cant..i already said yes.

Then tell them you changed your mind.

I cant.

You can

I cant.

While i was having a fight with my inner self, someone knocks on my door. Before i can answer, Zaid walks in.

" what are you doing here?" i ask standing up.
He comes near me and then stops only a few inches away from me. I move back.

" i was thinking...about the collage...," he says and that grabs my attention right away.

" oh please please dont make me stop going to collage,"

" hmmm...i dont know," he says and puts his hand under his chin pretending to think. I look at him hopefully.

" please let me go...i will do what ever you want," i say without thinking.

Oh shit...i shouldnt have said that.

I mentally slap myself on the face as a huge smile forms on Zaid's face. I hate it although it made my heart jump alittle.

" anything?..." he asks.

" noo i take that back,"

" nope you already said it...fine you can go as long as you keep your words," he says. I bite my lip and slap myself in my mind again.

" dont do that," Zaid says. I look at him confused.

" dont do what?" i ask. He seemed to realise what he just said.

" nothing," he quickly says and walks out of my room.