Chap. 19 • Who?

"Xena."

I ignored the voice and curled closer to the warmth besides me, tucking my head. There was a low chuckle.

"Xena, wake up."

"I don't want to." I murmured to no one in particular.

"Amore, we are very busy today and as much as I would love to stay here with you, we need to get up and plan our next moves."

I was silent for a moment before groaning, blinking my eyes open to see two brown ones glittering down at me in amusement. I pouted, watching how his eyes darkened.

"Antonio-" I began before he shortly cut me off, blinking away his focus before narrowing his eyes at me.

"No, no, pretty lady. This isn't working on me today. Get up, Xenia."

I groaned in annoyance as he sat you, the blankets covering his bare body from anyone seeing.

"But why?" I whined but soon shut up when his lips gently pecked mine over and over again.

"Because I want these vermin dead." The tone in his voice was a promise, one that was filled with rage and betrayal. A promise I knew he would soon fulfil.

"Fine." I sighed as I sat up when a plan formed in my mind, a smirk crossing my face as I slyly looked over at him. "But you're not getting some tonight."

He raised a brow, fighting down a smile. "Is that so?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Yes."

"Hmm." He paused for a second and I thought he'd give in but then he shrugged. "I'll guess I'll call Katrina then."

My eyes widened and anger surged through me as he smirked triumphantly at me.

"Excuse me?" I gritted out.

"I said, I'll ask for Katrina."

I did not want her near him. I didn't want her to even breathe the same air as him. It made me sick to think she would touch him and it made me want to snap off every one of those pretty little fingers. My mind stopped in the sudden frenzy of anger when I realised what I was thinking. I had no idea what I was feeling but it made me feel unsettled and uncomfortable and before I knew it, I blurted out those three words.

"You are mine."

Antonio's eyes widened in surprise for a split second before sparkling wth amusement as he took in my seething facial expression.

"Possessive much, regina?" He teased but that didn't help settle this feeling. The next thing I knew, I had pushed him back onto the bed and straddled him, his hands burning into my skin as he gripped my waist whilst watching me carefully.

I cocked my head to the side as I leaned down, brushing my lips against his, faintly feeling his warm and minty breath fanning against my face as my hand crawled up his chest, memorising the curve and strength of each muscle.

"You're mine, Moretti. Understand that?" I purred seductively. Antonio chuckled as he ran his hands up and down the side of my body, his thumbs occasionally brushing against my thighs.

"You are a firecracker, Miss White."

I smiled playfully. "I try."

Suddenly his eyes darkened and diluted that it made my breath hitch. His grip tightened as he moved me to the position he wanted me to be in, a breathy moan escaping my lips as my eyes closed and I threw my head back. I slowly rocked above him and he allowed me to take control, for once not fighting for dominance.