Chapter 20

The minute I stepped in the house I was greeted by an angry Dad.

"What the hell were you doing SEATO!?" Dad asked angrily.

"Who says I was at SEATO?" I asked innocently.

"Your trackers said so! What the hell is wrong with you!? You drugged your guards then snuck out and went to the very place where the guy who is trying to kidnapped you is staying!" Dad fumed.

"I told you I agreed to that tracking implant only for emergencies not so you could track me the minute I'm no longer in this house" I said to him.

"Lexi, what the hell is wrong with you?" Dad asked.

"I'm sorry okay, I just needed some time away from here. I felt as if I was losing my mind being here solely" I sighed. "I knew no one would allow me to go out so I put sleeping pills in their drink".

"You could have gotten hurt Lexi, you can't keep doing these things. And why did you even go to the same hotel where Rostov is staying?" Dad asked suspiciously.

"I may have heard of Dominic's plan for tonight" I said biting my lip waiting for dad's wrath.

"I figured it was something like this. Lexi you do realized how you not only put yourself at risk by doing this. You also could have put Dominic and the other guys at risk if Rostov had saw you" Dad replied.

"Oh, he saw me alright" I chuckled. "In fact he even bought me drinks. I think he was totally in love with me".

"What!?" Dad asked in disbelief.

"He even invited me up to his room. He had a very nice suite by the way" I chuckled shaking my head. "I believed his plan was to have us sleep together but then he just passed out".

"Lexi?" Dad said dangerously meaning for me to explain.

"Dad nothing happened, he just passed out. Poor thing" I laughed. "By the way I don't think Dominic is gonna have much work to do now anyway".

"You killed him?" Dad asked but it sounded more like a statement.

"I'm not confessing to anything here Dad, you just gonna have to trust me that Rostov isn't gonna be an issue for me or any one of us anymore" I smiled then then going to kiss his cheek. "I love you Dad, thank you for teaching me all that I know".

"I'm kinda tired right now, I've had a long night so I'm just gonna go up to bed okay, night Dad".

"Goodnight Lexi" Dad replied shaking his head.

**************************************************************

"How mad was your Dad at you last night?" Kathleen asked as we lounge by the poolside in our backyard.

"He was super mad that I drugged the guys and snuck out then went to the same hotel that Rostov was staying. But in the end he calmed down" I said to her.

"You did what? Lexi you could have gotten hurt, he could have gotten you easy and who knows what' would've happened to you. I think you should just wait until Dominic solve whatever problem Rostov have with you before going back out in public" Kathleen said to me concerned. "You may not be lucky like the last time if he sends his men after you again".

"Kathleen Rostov can't even send away the flies that are probably swarming his body right now" I chuckled. "Trust me, we won't be having anymore issues from Rostov from now on".

"What...what do you mean?" Kathleen asked looking at me confused even though I'm sure sh probably knew what I meant.

"Kathleen, your far too innocent for these things but Rostov is dead. We can go anywhere we want now without worrying about him or his men" I said to her before picking up my glass of juice and taking a sip.