Chapter Two: I Despise Him

“Good morning!” I yawned when I entered the kitchen. Adam was already there making his usual tea, he couldn’t live a day without one.

“Morning,” he greeted enthusiastically, adding milk into his tea, “Sleep well?”

“Not really,” I answered truthfully.

After a huge fight with my father, and when I said huge, I meant that he was on the verge of disowning me. I successfully got Kate out of my house but dad refused to leave his beloved fiancé so both of them ventured around LA trying to get a hotel. Of course I wasn’t that heartless so I called a hotel and got them a room.

Adam on the other hand slept throughout everything. I’ve learned that the minute he slipped out of the living room yesterday, he managed to find a guest room and went into a deep slumber.

“With the drama and all?” he inquired and I nodded.

“How about you? You seem to have slept like a baby,” I commented.

He rolled his eyes and went to sit near the kitchen counter, “I woke up at three in the morning and I couldn’t fall back to sleep.”

“Jet lag,” I stated, “Don’t worry, it only takes a few days to adjust.”

“I hope,” he snorted.

I grabbed a few eggs from the fridge and cracked them into a bowl then beating them as I planned on making some omelets for breakfast.

“So what’s our agenda for today?” he asked curiously.

“Well,” I tapped my chin, thinking of my mental calendar, “I have a meeting with my manager after breakfast then I have the rest of the day free.”

“Great,” he chirped, moving to lean against the wall near me, “You could give me a tour of this extremely warm country.”

“Who said I was giving you a tour?” I teased as I poured the eggs into a pan.

He didn’t say anything but I did hear the shuffling of his feet. Suddenly, two arms enclosed me and I turned around to realize Adam was close to me.

Like really extremely ultra mega close.

“Say that again?” he challenged, giving me his signature smirk.

Taking a deep breath as a way to calm my thumping heart, I stared at him in an attempt to make a smart comeback. Deciding to ignore my freaking heart that was about to jump out of my chest, I think that I should at least have fun with him.

“I said,” I trailed off, placing a hand on his chest and gave him a flirty smile. His breathing hitched and I resisted an urge to throw him a smug smirk. I leaned in closer to him and he seemed to do the same.

Calm down, Sophia. You might have a crush on him but what if you kiss and he regrets it?

So instead of leaning to his lips, I went straight to his ear, “Who said that I was giving you a tour?” with that, I used my hand that was on his chest to push and finally get some distance between the two of us.

Take it slow, Sophia.

He instantly pouted and I giggled at this. I turned back to the eggs I was cooking which thankfully didn’t burn during our little theatrics.

I got out two plated and divided the eggs equally into each plate and handed Adam one. He still had that little cute pout on his lips. He should really stop that or I would be kissing him senseless. That wouldn’t be much of a bad idea.

I made a move to make myself some coffee, black, just the way I like it.

“So are you showing me around the place?” he asked when we were already seated at the dining table.