15

A/N: Just One Yesterday (feat. Foxes) by Fall Out Boy from Save Rock and Roll. I don't own any rights to the song or the band.

And even though Andrew and the crew are doing something, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. NEVER get into a car with someone you don't know. Never talk to strangers. Stay safe. 

"Yo, Kay?" I call to the youngest girl in the group.

"Don't ever call me that, Andrew," The girl sporting the bright orange shirt, my little sister, rolls her freaking eyes at me.

I gape at her sassy reaction, "Oh, no. Don't you go there with me Kayla Patrick Sow!" I put one hand on my hip like Mom used to. I feel like a mom. Oh God, "Don't roll your eyes at me, young lady!"

Kayla stops walking next to Ember, and I see her hiding her hysterical laughter underneath her hand. Now that I look around, everyone is laughing at our little fight.

"It's not funny, guys!" I yell at all of them, Naomi snort into her shoulder.

"Fight me," My little sister sticks out her chest at me, holding her arms closely at her sides. Her fists are closed, but her wrists are up. What.... I-

"Fight me," Kayla repeats, the sass drips off every word that comes out of her small mouth.

"I can't touch you!" I shriek, "And you know that!"

Maddie grins, despite her sullen look she's sported for about an hour and a half now.

"It's a Ginger Fight, dummy," She sneers, a twinkle of victory dances in her young eyes.

"What the he- What's a Ginger Fight?!?" I scream. Ugh. I'm going to lose my sanity before we even get outta this forest.

I flail my arms like a sad, disabled octopus. How am I kidding? I am a sad, disabled octopus...

I give in, deciding that mimicking her stance is the way to handle this 'fight'.

"I'm winning," Kayla states from out of the blue. This, in fact, startles me, and I can feel each vertebra in my back, slowly slipping out of line from each other.

"I won!" Kayla strikes the strangest pose, and holds it for several moments, while Cole and Naomi cheer, Ember looks proud, and Maddie slaps a palm to her face.

Thank you for understanding that this is total madness, Maddie. Thank you.

"Um- that was really random, but-"

"Shut up," Ember cuts me off, "She's still gloating. Don't ruin it."

My mouth forms a perfect 'O' and I look for my other two eldest companions for any form of support available.

Maddie stares at the last Orange in awe, while Cole shoots me a rather unsettling, mischievous smirk.

"Did I miss someth-" I try for the second time.

"Still not over."

"No. We're done here. Kayla," I demand attention now, and everyone loses their smiles. I almost feel bad, "What city does Grandma live in again?"

"Why would you ask that?" Naomi tilts her head to the left slightly and puts her index finger on her bottom lip.

"Cause," I end that swiftly, "So where does Grandma live again?"

"Orgia. Why?" Kayla's curiosity gets in her own way. She never used to be like that. When she was little she was so go-with-the-flow.

"Sweet!" I punch my fist in the air, nearly missing a low branch of a tree, "We're goin' to Grandma's house!"