5.

A/N: Hello! Thank you to those that have left feedback!
Episode 12 of Shadowhunters. Ohmygosh. I haven't been able to watch it right through yet but I did see the Malec scene on the shadowhunters snapchat and in my instagram feed(Damn spoilers). I loved how happy everyone (Except Maryse, ugh) was for Alec. My ship is happening and I couldn't be happier! Only one episode of this season to go though. I don't know how long I'm going to be able to wait for next season. This chapter is sort of a filler, just kind of building up to the exciting stuff! Make sure to vote and comment! :)

Across town, Alec was walking up behind Clary who was struggling to find her phone. Alec's expression grew into one of annoyance as he noticed the mundane's looking for the invisible ringing phone.

'Why'd you run out? And what's the point of an invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone? That was childish, sneaking out like that.' Alec spoke from behind Clary and even though she knew he was there, she continued to ignore him, answering her phone instead.

'Simon. Hey. I know I should have called you right back, I'm really sorry. Are you okay?' Alec didn't miss the fondness that crept into her tone as she spoke to Simon. Alec assumed Simon had replied as Clary began speaking again.

'Can we talk later? Things are kind of insane right now – Uh, I kind of killed a memory demon and lost all my memories forever. I'm at the Brooklyn academy, I'm on my way to-' Alec took this as his cue to intervene.

'Hang up. That's it we have to go. Right now.' Alec's expression was hard, his arms crossed.

Clary glanced at him. 'No.' and then she spoke to Simon. 'I'm on my way to the loft. There's something there that I think could help me find my mother.'

'I'm fine. I'm with Alec.' Alec rolled his eyes.

'Simon, you've been through enough already...' The conversation ended abruptly, Clary placed her phone back in her backpack.

'Mundanes, look at them. Running around like ants.' Alec glanced at Clary as he spoke, his obvious distaste colouring his tone. 'Let's go.'

'Why do you always look so miserable?' Clary questioned, following the brooding shadowhunter.

'I don't.' Alec disagreed.

'You do. It must be hard, being in love with Jace when he's straight and everything.' Clary shrugged as she spoke, not immediately seeing how Alec tensed up at her words.

'Excuse me?' He spun around to face the much shorter red head.

'What? What's the big deal? I was there when that memory came out. Busted, no?' Clary questioned.

'We're parabatai.' Alec stressed.

'Alec, just say it. You'll feel better. You're in love with Jace.' Clary's expression held both sympathy and pity for the older boy.

'Forget it. You know what? You're in love with Jace.' Alec knew his response was weak. He crossed his arms and looked away from Clary.

'Oh, okay? The middle school comeback? Nice.'

Alec ignored her and began walking again.

'Okay, so if you aren't in love with Jace,' Clary's voice was filled with sarcasm. 'Then who are you in love with?' Clary followed Alec who was trying to ignore her.

'I'm not in love with anyone. What makes you think I am?'

'Just a feeling.' Clary shrugged.

Alec knew that her questions had a meaning, that the girl was probably trying to find answers to her own feelings through him. He pitied her slightly, though he would never admit it.