Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!

Amanda'S POV

I completed my look by tying a bun out of my hair. I had a thing for knotted hair. They looked so stylish yet elegant. There was a cute flower diamond-studded broach amongst the jewelry provided to me by these kind people, it added sparks when I positioned it in the middle.

I couldn't stop thinking about Samarrah, I knew that this place could provide me with clues and turn out to be a great help, but I also needed to be very careful, because I could lose this job if I created any chaos, and I had been warned twice. This time, I wanted to prove Mr. Reynolds wrong.

On the thoughts of Mr. Reynolds, my cheeks turned a light shade of red. I was yet embarrassed by the fact of him having seen the semi-naked side of me. It took me a while to gather all the courage. I locked up my purse and left it in the room along with my phone. I stepped out of the luxury suite and greeted a few ladies.

I stopped for a while after looking at James. The traditional dress suited him quite well. I waited for him in the hallway because walking with someone I knew was way more comforting than walking with someone I had no idea about.

"Can I, beautiful ", he offered me his hand to walk past the party's entrance.

"Of course ", I curled my hands around his arms on being completely overwhelmed by his pleasing gesture. Maybe, he wasn't that bad of a person, I was highly disappointed by my judgmental skills.

James increased his proximity whilst walking, our arms touched each other. We didn't talk much, silence concealed the atmosphere.

"You look drop-dead gorgeous ", he finally whispered in my ears after doing a lot of thinking. It could be felt from his face that walking with me made him nervous. This was kind of cute, though.

"Thank you mister ", I could've reciprocated the sentence but I didn't want to sound desperate, so I controlled and smiled the cutest one I could.

We sauntered towards the ballroom, I encountered people who dressed the same way I did, the color differed of course, but it had the same concept for every woman and likewise for men. Mr. Reynolds was interacting with an old lady in the same angry-young-man tone. I decided to stay as far as possible from him as together, we had a fatal combination.

I overheard two of the women at the party as they were right behind me. Their talks included "Mr. CEO is so hot" and the other one interrupted her at once with the word "mine". The first one angrily snatched the second one's drink and left her alone.

Their chats were hilarious. These aunties were fighting for a violating animal. But no one could ever deny the fact that Mr. Reynolds had those 'Greek God ' looks that no girl could ever deny. He could be rated number one amongst the people present in the party without any doubt. I, many times controlled myself to get drifted away with his looks, but his arrogant behavior helped me to distance myself from him.

I took glimpses of Mr. Reynolds with cornered eyes secretly so that he didn't catch me looking at him. I was a bit jealous of the attention he was getting from all the people, but he sure deserved it. No matter how much I disliked him, but I had to appreciate his hard work. He had strived and accomplished so much in his life, numerically expanding his father's business demographically from 10 to 100.

James stood there giving company to Mr. Richie Rich. Ease and comfort could be felt on his face whenever he interacted with James. They would've been real old friends, I could figure that out from their way of talking with each other and also with their body language, but they both were like two sides of a coin.

"Can I at least ask you for a dance", a man in his mid 20's asked me for a dance like a complete gentleman.

"I'd be pleased", I replied in the same tone and went towards the dance floor.