Chapter 50- Searching

The complete silence was ruined when Daryl started to stir in his sleep, telling me he was awaking. I got up quickly and changed into my favorite outfit, my black tank-top, black jeans and army boots.

I threw on the outfit and braided my hair back. I quickly slung my swords over my shoulders and stuck Daryl's hunting knife into my right boot.

I walked over to Daryl and since his face was facing me I bent down and kissed him gently on the lips to wake him up. After a moment his eye's fluttered open and he started to deepen the kiss. I cupped his face and moulded our mouthes together. I pulled away before things got to heated, we had to keep searching for Sophia.

"Why are you pullin' away? Things are just gettin' started." He said, a devilish smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes and tossed him a flannel shirt, with the sleeves cut off of course.

"What are you doin' up so early anyways?" He asked as he rolled out of bed.

"I'm going to look for Sophia with you." I said happily, picking up his quiver of arrows and handing it to him.

"Let's get goin' then, I don't want anybody bitchen at us." He said firmly as he picked up his crossbow.

"Why would someone bitch at us?" I responded.

"Cause we're gonna take a horse." He said as he passed me to the door.

I shrugged and followed after him. We got outside and it was barley morning, almost no one was up.

We walked over to the stables and Daryl quickly started to saddle a horse. "How do you know how to do that?" I questioned him.

He shrugged and led the horse over to me. "Come on I'll give ya a boost." He said.

I walked over to him and I turned sideways. "Ready?" He asked me, I nodded and he put his hands on my hip.

He quickly lifted me up onto the horse with little trouble. After a second he jumped on and he started to move it slowly.

"Can I hold your crossbow so I can sit comfortably?" I asked Daryl as I tried to move his crossbow around on his back.

He nodded and I removed his crossbow from his back and slung it over my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned my head into his back. I listened to his steady breathing as we rode threw the woods.

We didn't find anything for so long, we just rode in peace and silence. After a little while we found a small creak and Daryl stopped the horse.

He jumped down and lead the horse towards the creek. "Thirsty?" He asked me, I nodded and jumped down from the horse.

The horse drank thirstily while Daryl and I drank quickly. The water was fresh and cold, very refreshing and crisp.

I stood up and stretched out my back, "I can't believe we haven't found anything yet." I sighed as I walked back towards the horse.

I heard splashing and looked to the stream. Daryl had waded in and was bending down to pick something up. I crossed my arms and he turned around, a huge smile on his face. I looked to his hands to see Sophia's doll, covered in water and mud.

"Her doll." I whispered, He nodded and walked out of the stream. "That's great!" I shouted a little too loud.

"Let's keep goin', maybe she's close." Daryl said as he helped me back onto the horse.

Daryl hopped on after me and I wrapped my arms around him. We rode for a little while longer and came across a small hill.

"Whoa, whoa!" Daryl shouted.