Chapter 5 - Even My Professor Fell For His Charms

originally updated on radishfiction.com 21st February 2016

updated on wattpad 30th March 2016

Chapter 5 

 Even My Professor Fell for his Charms

No, no, no. It couldn't be happening. There was no way that that it wasn't there. She could swear that she put the CD with the seminar project inside her rucksack before left the apartment. How, just how was it not in there now?

She glanced at her professor leisurely giving an F to the student, Logan, who was third before her not giving a damn that he was defending himself by telling her how he forgot to bring it - but finished it, nonetheless. She knew that she's going to end up just like him.

"What's going on?" Hailey whispered from behind her as Alis bit her nail while listening to professor calling another student.

"I can't find my CD," she replied in whisper before grabbing her bag to check again, "I swear I put in there."

"What!" she whisper-yelled, "She'll give you a straight F," like Alis didn't know that already.

"You're not helping at all," she threw back.

Their professor, Lana Jakes, was red-haired woman in late thirties – who Alis had a feeling had never got laid and whose personality was perfectly described by the other use of the word for a female dog. Every man in the university wanted her, and she didn't give a damn about any of them - she just liked to live in high heels, and be the center of attention, to explain better. On the other hand, no student loved her - not that she loved them either, she was giving them load of homework and F's like Christmas presents.

That's exactly the reason why Alis knew that if she didn't find the CD before her name was called - she'd be dead and fail the year.

As she was rummaging through her rucksack, she saw the guy who's been called already on the half through his seminar, so that only left one more before she was called - or murdered, because that's exactly what was going to happen; her parents would force her to go home and take away her freedom she'd worked so hard for.

She searched and searched, but it wasn't there.

"Fuck," she cursed as the guy finished with his presentation. It was Hailey's turn. After that, she's dead.

"Good luck," Hailey whispered when she passed next to her as Alis knew that only a miracle could save her now.

Deciding to give up - since she was pretty sure that she thoroughly searched that rucksack four times - she waited until Hailey was done and her name was called. She slowly stood up and headed towards her professor.

"What have you prepared for us today, Alis?" she asked flipping the pen in her perfectly manicured hand ready to write that mark as Alis bit her lip before speaking.

"I... Have prepared Shakespeare's view on tragedies, but I'm afraid that I've forgot to bring it," and her professor only rose her hand.

"Well, well, well. I see we have another smart girl in our class," she started, "I've been in your shoes, those pity lies won't work on me, honey. I know everything you can use as an excuse," she said with a smirk Alis really wanted to wipe away from her face. As if, no one ever had an honest excuse?

"I swear; I really did finish it. If you could please give me time until the next class, I'll..." she started, but was interrupted with the next thing her professor said.