49

"If I'm the sun, you're the moon, because when I rise, you go down..."

~Cypher PT. 2: Triptych-BTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He took a deep breath. They were right. They were absolutely right. If he didn't say something, he might as well be guilty anyway. I have to, I can't do anything else, this is the only way I can stay with them, even if it's just a chance...

"H-How much do I have to say?" He asked, swallowing hard.

Jimin put his hands in the pockets of his black slacks, looking at the floor. "Remember when I asked you if you really killed you dad? You've never really told anyone what happened, only you and Jae-hwa saw it... I know you just woke up, I know you're probably in pain, but... Taehyung, you've got to tell them everything, start to finish."

Taehyung looked down at his hands, fiddling around with his fingers absently for a minute. He was scared. He wasn't ready to say it, but he had to, it was just a matter of how ready he could get himself before he had to say it. "Okay. I'll do it...I'll tell them." I don't know if I can, but I'll try. I have to.

~~~

After a bit of discussing, they decided Jungkook should go out and tell Mr. Lee Taehyung was going to testify, while Jimin and Hana helped him get ready.

And Taehyung needed help. When he stood up, he felt sick, and weak, and like he was going to collapse. The paramedics were still there, and upon being called into the room--though initially surprised that Taehyung was even alive, said that it was an effect of overdosing like that, that he'd probably be a little weak for a few days.

But I'm going to do this anyway. Was all he told himself while Jimin helped him out of the prosecutor's lounge and to the outside of the courtroom. But even so, he was relieved to sit in a bench just outside of the courtroom and rest.

Hana handed him a little paper cup of water that she'd gotten from a dispenser across the vast hall before sitting to Taehyung's right on the bench while Jimin sat to his left."You sure you can do this, Taehyung? You're shaking." Jimin said, giving Taehyung's leg a pat to get his attention. "You're breathing hard too..."

Taehyung shook his head, He could hear the case still going on inside the courtroom, everyone basically arguing over who was right and what had happened and who was guilty. I can't let it continue, it has to end.

"I could still go in there and tell them you're not feeling well...You almost died, Taehyung..." Jimin said, leaning over to look into Taehyung's eyes, his wide and worried, "If this is too much...Don't push yourself..."

Taehyung could see there was a lot Jimin wasn't saying. It was in his eyes, the fear, the concern, the nervousness. Taehyung may have been shaking, but Jimin couldn't keep still either, his leg bouncing in place as he sat.

"It will help, won't it, Jimin-ah?" Taehyung asked, licking his lips absently after.

"Yeah, but Tae, I--."Right then, Jungkook came bursting out of the courtroom, "He's about to call Taehyung to the stand, you've got to get in there.

Jimin sighed, and Taehyung nodded before Jimin stood up and helped Taehyung stand up. Then they made their way into the courtroom. He felt queasy walking, but tried to keep it under control by taking deep breaths. But even then, concentrating on keeping his breath even, he could see within the rows they passed, that people were surprised to see him, gasping and murmuring and putting their hands over their mouths. They all thought I was dead too.