preface

E p i g r a p h

"The flower that blooms in the face of adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." ~Mulan

E x t e n d e d   S u m m a r y

Basketball had always been the thing that Dean Adams loved the most, but in the aftermath of a devastating accident, he finds the future he always dreamed of threatened by the reality that he may never play again.

That's when Katie Reynolds stumbles head first into his life, pushing him to re-evaluate his future, and see that not every situation is simply black and white. But with her own secrets tearing her up inside, there's only one thing they're both sure of - they're going to need each other to heal what's been broken.

A u t h o r ' s   N o t e

I'd just like to start of with saying that this novel is a spin-off to its predecessor - Behind The Scenes. However, while it is recommended, you do not need to read that novel before this one, as this takes place over three years after its epilogue.

When coming up for ideas for a new story, this plot sort of worked itself out on it's own, and then as soon as I imagined Dean as one of the leading characters, I couldn't not make this a spin-off. I know that many of you have enjoyed my prior stories, and I hope this story brings you just as much happiness.

Also, this story will be told in alternating points of view - both Katie's and Dean's - so I ask you all to bear with me, as it is the first time I am writing like this. Now all you guys have to do is add this story to your reading lists and wait for the magic to begin!