Slither in - Chapter 12.II

Harry rushed through the hallways like a ghost – unseen and swiftly, almost like his feet barely touched the ground. He took a moment to rest when he was near the main hall – his cheeks fluttered red by adrenaline and ecstasy. He had to find Malfoy. He had to know what he was up to. Hearing a familiar giggle, he clamped himself against the nearest wall – hiding in a corner to stay hidden. Hermione and Ron came around, both giggling – innocence drooling off their faces.

"When will we tell?" Ron muttered – his white lashes covering his olive eyes. Hermione clacked the heels of her shoes against the tiles, shaking her head – allowing her brown curls to cover her peachy cheeks. "Soon," she replied softly. "Harry will notice, sooner or later."

Harry frowned, deeply encouraged to do some more eavesdropping – knowing his friends were hiding something, if just for him. Where they in love? Perfect, he muttered to himself – they ecstasy was gone. He would be a third wheel from now on. However, something as small as that couldn't care for now. Besides, it would be a benefit. Hermione and Ron running off together, every once in a while – to do whatever they had to do... This meant he would have some time of his own. Precious minutes, ready to be spilled. Malfoy would be his project, for now. School could hardly keep him busy, knowing his head wandered off into clouds every now and then. First he had to know what it meant. What they meant. And how they could fix it. Draco, floating around his head like radiowaves. He couldn't concentrate. Malfoy seemed to have created another way of approaching him. Sending messages around, through the walls, giving him hints. It even seemed like he managed to slither into his dreams. Though Harry could find this hardly unpleasant, for some kind of odd reason, it did keep him awake at night. If not in cold sweat, it would be by utter excitement – ready to ask for more. There was something up with this blonde-haired boy, and he had to know what. Hoping to find him outside, leaning against a tree, sitting on the grass – hopefully on his own – but in vain. He wasn't there.

"Seamus," Harry shouted, approaching his fellow student with a smile. "Seamus- Tell me you've seen Malfoy in the last five minutes."

"Ready for another strike, ye? I'd say, watch out. It might cost ye' head."

"Seamus. Malfoy. Where is he?"

Seamus simply shrugged, lifting his backpack to steady it back on his shoulder. "Like I care?"

Harry clenched his fists, yet granted him a thankful nod. Exactly knowing where to find him at last. If he just thought about it sooner...

The room of requirements.