Chapter Twenty

7 COMMENTS & VOTES!! Soz I took long, no Internet. Hope u likey!!

Abbey’s POV

I watched the car zoom off and take a left turn. Well, who cares? I don’t. It wasn’t me who wanted to go in his car in the first place. Because of yesterday I didn’t see Claire. She’s probably gone to stay at her auntie’s house like she told me last week.

I thought about dad. I wonder who he is feeling. Andy did tell him I was alright so I think he would have stopped worrying for a bit. He’s always worrying about us and I know how he feels about Alex’s marriage on Sunday. He can’t stand the thought of her going. I suddenly began to have goose bumps. After my sisters and I get married, dad will be all alone at home. The thought of being alone gave me shivers. If mum were here I would have thought differently but she wasn’t here.

My thoughts were disturbed when I notice a familiar man, treading on the snow. I examine him carefully, with him noticing. No. It can’t be who I think it is. Oh please no. I quickly hid behind a green recycling bin, hoping he’d pass without seeing me. It was my ex-boyfriend Will. We were going out for a week but then I dumped him because he was getting to drunk and I didn’t feel comfortable with they way he behaved. Also I caught him cheating on me when we went out on a date to this restaurant and he told me he was going to the toilet but in fact he was with this other women. I didn’t know what they were doing. But I knew it wasn’t something good because he had pink lipstick on his lips and on his cheek.

I peered from the gap between the two bins and he was no where to be seen. Phew. I wiped my forehead with relief (even though there was no swear on my head.) I stood up and brushed of f the snow that was stuck to my trousers. Just when I was going to start walking, someone places their hand on my right shoulder. I jump up with fright and turn around to see someone unpleasant. Will.

Oh why did I have to find him, or rather him finding me. I force a smile on my face and try not to make eye contact.

“Abbey?” He says, observing me. “Wow, you look amazing. It’s been a long time.” He attempts to give me a hug but a bend down, pretending I was pulling up my socks.

“Oh…Hi,” I say, trying not to sound like I didn’t want to see him. “How are you doing?”

“Oh fine,” He answers. “Abbey, I know I wasn’t all good to you but can’t we be back together?”

“No!” I say, harshly. “And anyways, I’ve got to go,” I say.

With out saying good bye I begin to walk away but he grabs my hand. Oh god! Why can’t he leave me alone?

“Will, look,” I begin. “I haven’t got time for you. Leave me alone.” I shout.

He steps closer to me but I step back. I began to feel really uncomfortable. I prayed for Jordan to come back with his car and tell me to hop in. But he didn’t.

“Stop it!” I yell, as if gets closer to me.

I began to lose my anger. This guy was really bugging me. I raise my hand and slap him on his left cheek. There was silence. It suddenly began to snow again and a cold breeze ran past me, leaving me to shiver. Will’s eyes were hot with fury. My heart beat faster than ever. Cars drove by but not one was the car I hoped for.

I didn’t dare to look at him or make any eye contact. I gulped and swallowed hard. Now I wish I hadn’t slapped him.

He grabbed onto my wrist like handcuffs and started to drag me across the pavement. I shouted at him, telling him to let go but whatever I had said was like a foreign language to him. He didn’t listen. I begged and prayed hard for Jordan to pop out of nowhere. I think I am going to die if I beg anymore.