Chapter 24

So first thing on Sunday morning, Gio and I were driving out to his gym. I had slept over his last night. Immediately after breakfast Gio said we should leave before I decided to change my mind and chicken out. And he was right, if we had spend a minute more at his apartment I would totally changed my mind about going. I was the one who decided to humor him and go to the gym with him but when I thought about it, I didn't want him to figure me out.

I mean I was already well trained in this department. I had learned how to punch and kick punching bags, box and spar with another person as well as other self defense skills. I didn't want him to know I was good in that field as I was. He thought I'm an innocent girl who need to be taught self defense mechanisms and I decided to humor him, but if he figure out that I already know my way around the training ground, he's gonna be wondering how I learned all these things and I'd most likely have to lie again which I was trying not to do so much.

The gym was approximately ten minutes away from his apartment. Gio parked just outside the a private parking before leading us inside. Gio took me to a huge training hall with different types of punching bags and statues etc. One side of the room were mirrors that could show one's reflection. Four years ago when Dad had taken me to a training hall for the first time I was beyond nervous and worried that I wouldn't be any good at this thing, but surprisingly I had became quite good at fighting and after years of me taking classes I finally got the hand of it all. Even though I was already trained and used to areas like this being here now with Gio made me somewhat nervous knowing I'm supposed to be learning something I already knew.

"So what do you think?" Gio asked watching me intently.

"I think this was a bit unnecessary" I said to him as I tried poking one of the punching bags.

"I think this is totally necessary" Gio retorted.

"Yeah, maybe for you. But not for me, I think I already have enough self defence kills. I don't think I need to punch anyone that much" I whined.

"Well you're already here, so might as well get it over with" Gio said lifting his shirt over his head.

I couldn't help but feast my eyes on his sexy broad figure and those abs and his biceps woah. I've seen him shirtless a countless amount of times but I still had the same reaction each time. The man was hot.

"No, there's no time for that now. You get to see all this plenty of times" Gio said pointing to his body. "So you get rid of that pullover".

"Fine" I sighed taking off the pullover. I already had on my gym wear from home under my pullover. "Happy now?"

"Ecstatic" Gio grinned before walking nearer to me. "I'm gonna be teaching you the basics and such today but later I'm gonna let you have your own personal trainer Callum, so I can watch the progress".

"Great" I said sarcastically with a large grin on my face. "So where do we start?"

"We start with you warming up" Gio replied.

"Warming up?" I asked in disbelief. "You're kidding me".

"No, you're gonna stretch now and do a lap around the room" Gio said to me.

"Uh? Nope. Not happening, I mean yes I'll stretch but laps are out" I protest.

"Do you wanna end up with aching muscles and joints as well as flesh pain?" Gio raised a brow.

"I guess you're just gonna have to help me later get rid of those aches with a good massage then" I smiled at him.

"Gosh, Lexi why are you so stubborn?" Gio asked before sighing.
"Fine, your choice. Just stretch then".