reality

his angel is at 10k reads !1!1!!1!

and at #78 in fantasy holy shit thank you guys

this is the last chapter before the epilogue omfg I'm crying

I woke up suddenly in my bed, like I'd never left. I looked over my surroundings, taking in the familiarity of my room.

And soon reality came crashing down like an unwanted storm. Eros was dead- I would never see him again.

I'd never get to have another conversation with him. I'd never get to touch him or feel his touch- something that gave me a piece of home. A feeling of being safe and that I could forget about the world for once.

And that made me cry- not just with grief but for missing someone I would never get to fully know. I wouldn't get to know what his favorite color was, what he loved to do, his favorite food- as trivial as those things are.

I wouldn't get to know him.

And it was all my fault. If I had been normal and hadn't needed his help in being fixed, nothing would have happened and he would be alive.

But a part of me also didn't regret knowing him.

Because I gotten to feel alive and pulled myself out of the depression I'd dove headfirst into. I let myself live in the shadow of loneliness, and was drowning. But he'd helped me by extending a hand out to me.

It was all my fault that I couldn't be stronger. I was so weak, pathetic-

A knock on the door broke me out of my daze. "Yeon-in, are you alright?" My mom's twinkling voice appeared by my door.

"Um, yeah, I'm fine," I replied, clearing my throat. "Just great."

Her brown eyes softened in a gaze. "I know your father and I haven't been extremely involved because of work. And you don't know how much I regret that...I've missed so much time with you and Ophelia." Her voice cracked unmistakably, her face crumpling into a frown.

"Mom, it's not your fault," I managed to say evenly.

"No, I know you're hurting. If you don't want to tell me what's wrong, it's okay. If you want to, I'll just listen," she replied, sitting next to me.

"Can I just cry and you'll hug me and tell me everything will be okay?" I croaked, as my throat closed up.

"Yes, of course, yeon-in."

And she pulled me into her arms, stroking my hair and saying everything would be okay.

this chapter legit hurt to write bc it's so sappy

sorry for the super short chapter i just needed to get this out of the way