Shot 一

He smiled at the six guys standing in front of him. They were all so different yet the company wanted them to interact and live with each other until they debuted plus so many more years. Still he kept a smile on his face and forced himself to believe that living with six strangers would be the easiest thing in the world. Taehyung waved at them in an excited manner, and walked over to the center of the living space where the other guys were seated around a rectangular coffee table.

   "HELLO!" He said, being his outgoing self. "I'm Kim Taehyung!"

   The other guys introduced themselves, but Taehyung didn't really try to memorize which name belonged to which person because he didn't think he would last more than a week in the group. However, one of them grabbed his attention. He had black hair and brown eyes, pale skin, and almond shaped eyes. He stood out from all the other six the most and even though Taehyung tried not to remember his name, Kim Nam-Joon, it stuck in his head like an annoying blood-sucking leach.

   They talked for a bit but Taehyung had to force himself to speak and laugh with them. He even had to encourage the youngest of them all to join in the conversation.When it was finally time to go to bed, it was decided that Taehyung would have to share a room with two other guys. He wasn't exactly happy about it, but Taehyung acted as if it was the greatest idea to ever hit anyone. And so he and two others went into one of the rooms in the hall. Taehyung called the top bunk, not giving the other two a choice.

   Once the others chose their bed, the shortest one turned the lights off and they bid each other goodnight. At last he let go of a sigh that he was holding back, and allowed the mask to fall off his face. He was beginning to think that joining was a bad idea even though it gave him some sort of sanctuary from his father.

   "Go, Taehyung," His mother had said when he hesitated while packing his bags. "This is a great opportunity for you, honey. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. And its even better since you'll be able to get away from this hell hole we live in."

   "But eomma," He had protested. "How can I leave you all alone with that...that beast?"

   "Don't you worry about him, baby." She reassured as she rubbed one of his bruises gently. "Don't you worry about me. I've lived with him for many years. I'll be alright"

   "Eomma..." He sighed.

   In the end, his mother had managed to convince him to go. It also helped that he had the motivation to get her and his baby siblings out of there. He wished that there was something else he could do, something that would take his family away from the poor excuse of a man he got as a step-father.

   Then he realized he couldn't let any of the other guys know about his family "problem". At all cost, Taehyung had to keep it hidden.

...

   Kim Taehyung had made it. He couldn't believe it, but he had actually made the cut. He thought that they would cut him out before they could debut, but they didn't. A week after he had arrived at the dorm, he had finally allowed himself to memorize everyone's name, and when he did, he felt happy. As he and the other guys got off the stage, Taehyung smiled widely and proudly. He felt like he would actually be able to get his family away from him.

   When they entered the changing rooms, Taehyung turned around to look at his friends. He gave them a wide smile, and he bounced on his feet as they all looked at him with raised eyebrows.

   "THANK YOU GUYS!" He said, containing the urge to yell out his gratefulness.

   They all looked at him with wide eyes full of surprise.