Nineteen

At around 5.30 PM, Nandini woke up holding her head in her hands.
"Ouch! My head...it hurts like hell...Manik ne manaa kiya tha na nandu par nai you'll do whatever you want...now suffer...aahhh!"
She slowly got up and looked down from the staircase and found Manik sitting on the sofa and watching TV. She got down the stairs and sat next to him with her head on his shoulder.

"So you are up madam...is your head aching?" He asked putting a hand around her shoulder.

"Bohath Manik. Sorry Tum ne bola to be careful but I dint listen to you" she said in a low voice.

"It's okay Nandini...its just once a year..now that you know be careful aage se...acha you sit let me get you some coffee" he said and walked towards the kitchen.

"Manik! Cabir Alya aur Navya kahaa hain?" She asked him.

Alya and Navya had some work and Cabir kahi baahar Gaya...Patha nai he said he'll be late..." He replied.

"Baahar Gaya? Manik he drank more than me toh he has to even sleep for more time right? Toh phir baahar kaise Gaya?" She asked.

By now Manik was back with two Coffees. "Madam... Cabir Ki capacity bohath zyaadha hain..Woh dho ghante so ke normal ho jaatha hain after having a strong black coffee..ab Tum bhi ye peelo you'll be fine too" he said and handed over her the coffee.

With few casual talks they finished their talks and it started raining all of a sudden.

"Manik it's raining" Nandini was excited to see the rain.

"I can see that Nandu" he said.

"Are Manik it's raining come na let's play in the rain...I love rains..." She said and started dragging him.

"No Nandini! I won't let you get wet in the rain" he pulled her back.

"Manik please...it's just two of us and I am bored..bas 5 minutes and I will come back" she pleaded him.

"No way! Acha wait I will take you somewhere jahaa tumhe aise Hi lagega jaise Tum baarish Mein bheeg rahi ho...come with me" he said and dragged her upstairs.

"Wow Manik!!!!! This is beautiful!!!"she said running around the room

(Just imagine rain :) I couldn't find a perfect picture...I loved the room and piano in this one:)

"Now go stand against that wall and you will feel the rain" he said and she did the same. There was peace and happiness on her face.

Manik slowly sat on the chair in front of the piano and started playing it. She turned and looked at him. He was not looking up but at the keys.