nineteen

i'm abruptly and harshly woken up by braxton practically falling off the bed. of course, my eyes fly open because it felt like a serious earthquake. i stare at him in confusion and he stares back lost.

he opens his mouth to speak, "what the hell are you doing in this bed?" he questions, rather angrily and loudly.

those were the last words i wanted to hear after waking up. my eyes take a moment to skim his body. from his messed up bed hair to the v-line of his pelvis seeping into his pajama bottoms.

"hello?" he adds, trying to gather my undivided attention again.

i frown and shrug, not knowing what to say. he exhales a sharp breath and scoffs.

"i didn't sleep in my bedroom for a reason." he enunciates carefully as if i couldn't understand him. "then, i wake up with you practically holding onto me for dear life."

i didn't think i was that physically or mentally clingy. exiting the room while running a hand through his hair, his back muscles flex and my eyes widen.

shit, he's leaving the room! tearing the covers off of me quickly, i follow after him, my feet hitting the cold wood floor instantly.

"you're awake, octavia. pack up your bags." he calls out and i roam into the bathroom where he's beginning to brush his teeth.

my mouth opens a little in surprise, "you're serious?"

he narrows his eyes at me, "does it look like i'm joking?"

being wise, i keep my mouth shut once again and wait for him to calm down a little bit more. i doubt he's going to ever calm down. hell, he just found out that i cheated on him last night.

of course i feel guilty, but there are two guys that i want and i can't have them at the same time. i let out a loud sigh before sauntering my way into the kitchen to start up some coffee.

he actually wants me gone and i'm deciphering whether or not i actually want to leave. he wants me to vanish involuntarily.

"i don't hear you packing!" braxton shouts.

my eyebrows pull together, "that's because i'm not!" i yell back. "payout gave me a deadline! i need to be packed by the end of the day."

i know full on well that i'm not going anywhere unless i'm shoved or dragged out of his place.

"do you want me to call your brother?"

"is that a threat?" i gasp.

"no, it's not. just some help for you, so you can get out of here already." he scowls.

i bite my bottom lip, suppressing my anger and sadness. forgetting about the coffee momentarily, i go back into the bathroom where he is and glare at him. he notices me and stops brushing his teeth.

"what?" he asks, rinsing his mouth out afterward.

i cross my arms over my chest childishly, "we never officially broke up."

i lift my chin, testing if he actually has the balls to break up with me. which he does and that shocks me.

"okay, i'm dumping you." he mutters with strong finality in his voice. "we're done."

"after a three year relationship? you're just going to toss it away?" i question, my voice just above a whisper and my bottom lip trembling.

"you've gotten over a seven year relationship. this will be easy for you." he flashes me a fake smile before resolving his composure.

"you're going to be the reason why my brother doesn't talk to me anymore." i tell him.

now the tears are starting to form and well up in my eyes. i can feel them threatening to fall in a waterfall.