Chapter 27 - Getting Kinda Touristy...

I don't have school today because it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day today. It's also a Monday, so a no show day, regularly I would be home alone all day today, but if that were actually the plan I would not be getting dressed right now. It's 10:00 A.M and I am getting ready to go New York sight-seeing. Not your classic, Times Square and Empire State sight-seeing. We are going to the museum of finance and the Schuyler Mansion. I'm most definetly not complaining, I've lived in New York for a year, I've seen Times Square and The Empire State Building, but this, this is new.

I was dressed very modestly, because we were also going to do a Ham4Ham for MLK day, and it's still January, so I don't intend on wearing shorts. I grabbed my purse and walked outside to the subway station. I waited there for about 4 minutes before Jasmine showed up. 

"Hi!" I said, waving her over to the small spot I was waiting in, also that wasn't infested by meth-heads and/or rats.

"Hi, are you excited?" Jazzy asked, walking over to me.

"Yeah yeah, I think I'm the only teenager who would get excited about the finance museum and the Schuyler mansion, but that does not bother me."

"Nor should it. I'm excited as well, so..." Jazzy trailed off, but at a good time, Leslie had just showed up and walked over to the 2 of us.

"Hi girls." He greeted leaning up against a pole. "How do you feel about working on your day off?" He asked, turning to Jasmine.

"Is it really work? I'm going to a museum with work friends, to a museum that happens to be work related. Ok that does sound like work, but, is what we do really work?"

"You make a good point, although there are days when I'm not too excited about going, but, it's never really a bad thing." As Leslie said that, Pippa showed up and walked over. "Aha! Pippa! What do you think?"

"About what?" She asked Leslie, "I've literally been here for like half a second."

"Is doing a musical really work?"

"Of course it is." She said, contradicting both Leslie and Jazzy, "we're just luckier than most, we love our work, we take part in our passion for a living, it's our job, but we love it.

As we, or should I say them, were having this discussion, Lin and Renée can over, and we all got on a subway together. We rode the underground bus all the way to the museum of finance.

"We are here!" Lin loudly proclaimed as we walked up the steps, leading to the museum, mostly dedicated to Alexander Hamilton. "Welcome! Shall we learn?!" He announced and walked right into the building. 

We wandered aimlessly for a half hour, correction Pippa and I walked aimlessly for a half hour. We saw our original currency and some of the letters of Alexander Hamilto, it was exteremly cool, no doubt about it.

"Hey guys! Come take our picture!" Lin yelled from the adjoining room. We walked over and there stood Leslie and Lin, posing, with their statues, Lin aiming towards the sky and Leslie with his gun aimed at Hamilton, 

"Where did you guys get the guns?" I asked, were they actually dueling pistols? I have to know!

"They trust us," Lin motioned to a guard standing close by, "they belongs to the museum, but they aren't real." Pipp got a picture and Lin and Leslie returned their guns to the guard. Let me tell you, it was something else to go around a museum on Alexander Hamilton with Lin, he knew everything. And I do mean everything. Up next was the Schuyler mansion with Pippa, Renée and Jazzy. We walked from the finance museum back to the subway, which drive us up to Schuylerville USA. Yes the Schuyler's have a city named after themselves. To clarify, this didn't happen as a way to honor Eliza, they just built their mansion on Catherine street (named for Eliza's mother) in Schuylerville.

We walked from the subway station to the mansion which was gorgeous. Out in front there was a statue of The Schuyler Sisters. Like Lin and Leslie, the girls got excited and wanted their picture take with the statues of themselves. We got pictures but then went inside. It was amazing.

We saw the bedrooms of Angelica, Eliza and yes, Peggy. We saw the room where Eliza and Alexander were married. The whole house was giant and breathtaking. It was interesting to imagine the lives of the Schuyler's living here. Peggy and Eliza talking while sitting on that couch. Eliza in the living room stressing, and reading the poetic letters Hamilton wrote to her. 

Getting to see this house and that museum was amazing, but getting to see them with these people was spectaculars they make everything funny and interesting, I love them so much.

Thanks for reading 

- Abi