Chapter 10, part 2

When the lights went up after the second movie, I sat in my seat, totally stunned and amazed... and totally in love with Audrey Hepburn movies. Owen had laughed at me before kissing me to erase the hurt that his laughter had initially caused.

"I knew you'd love them." He said, beaming at the fact that I was going to be more than willing to sit with him for hours to watch old classic movies. I'd barely moved between movies, processing what I'd loved about Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I'd managed to commandeer the large bucket of popcorn he'd bought during the intermission between movies.

After of course chattering his ear off about everything that I'd liked about the first movie.

God bless Owen Blackbourne, I thought.

He'd been blessed with the gift of listening.

And I'd given him plenty to listen to. His eyes had twinkled at me behind his glasses, amusement sparking there as he nodded and fit in whatever conversation points he could add.

But My Fair Lady...?

Amazing, completely amazing and I couldn't hardly form a word to express how I felt so even during credits as people were leaving the theater, I kept eating popcorn in an automatic reaction. It just felt like my brain was going to pop out of my head if I tried to think. I glanced at him, butter on my lips and fingers and I simply shook my head on a sigh. "That was amazing." I murmured.

He chuckled and leaned over to kiss my cheek, glancing into the now empty popcorn bucket. "I'm happy to hear that." He said, taking the bucket from me and offering me napkins.

"I almost feel like I should call you Henry Higgins." I teased. "I'm feeling a little bit like Eliza Doolittle."

He pulled a face as he watched me wipe my face and fingers off, removing the buttery topping from the popcorn before he offered me a hand and helped me up out of my seat. "I suppose I can see a bit of related behavior. But I've never tried to get you to hide an accent or be anything different than you are." He smiled down at me as I wrapped my arm around his waist while we headed out and down the street to the car.

"So I don't need to work on ... the Rain in Spain falls mainly on the Plain?"

"Only if you feel the need to darling."

"I think I'll be okay." I decided. "So do you own a lot of these movies? The ones you like?"

"I own several." He said. "Sometimes it is just easiest to watch them at home on the big screen."

"Well, I look forward to any time together we have at your place then. I will need to watch more movies."

"That can definitely be arranged." He chuckled, pressing a kiss to my temple. "And when you have a chance, I would like it if you would text me the pictures we took so that I can have a copy of them too."

"Oh of course." I nodded, smiling at the fact that he wanted them. "Uh... "I frowned slightly as something occurred to me. "Do you have other pictures?"

He bit his lip slightly. "Yes darling. The boys usually end up sending several pictures over when they have pictures of you or with you. It's a bit of a family trend to be honest." He said.

"I appreciate the honest response." I said sincerely. "Can we make sure to keep the ones of you kissing me on the lips to just us? I will make the suggestion on Sunday that we keep it that way across the board. That those are private pictures between me and whomever I'm kissing on our date."

He nodded. "I agree. I mean..." He shrugged one shoulder as he unlocked the car and opened my door for me, shutting me in the car before going around to get in and continue what he was saying. "We're all in on the idea that you would be with all of us equally but it does seem rather mean spirited to flaunt that side of an individual relationship with everyone else that you're not with at the moment."

I nodded. "Lily mentioned that." I commented as he started the car. "That some of them might require more time with me at one point or another." I said.

"We'll work it all out." He said, pulling out of the parking spot and merging into the traffic as he headed the car towards home. "And I'll do my best to keep them just between us."

I arched an eyebrow at him. "Try?"

He winced slightly and nodded. "Sean is honestly my oldest friend. But he has a snoopy side that makes things like my phone and any photo albums stored on it irresistible. Add to the fact that in his entire life he's never slept more than 4 hours in a row at a time..." He shrugged again. "Therefore, things must be snooped through in order to occupy his mind and force him to shut his brain off so he can try to get more sleep. He doesn't put things back where he found them so that's the only reason I know that he might have snooped through my phone."

"Well." I pondered what he said. "Whatever are you going to do?" I smiled. "Fine... Dr. Sean can see them if he snoops but once we figure out that he's doing it or has snooped already then we'll extract the promise that he won't tell the boys and if he and I take the same sort of pictures, he has to share with you." I looked over at him innocently. "As long as that wouldn't bother you."

He smiled the millimeter smile again. "Oh no, it wouldn't bother me, I swear." He said.

I smiled back and settled back more into my seat until he was pulling up in his driveway. I couldn't help the yawn that escaped me and my cheeks flushed when I realized he'd caught it. "Sorry." I apologized. "You're not boring me, I swear. It's just been a long day."

"I know darling." He said. "And then I kept you out for a double feature."

"Oh no, never say that." I hastened to shake my head and smile at him. "I loved it. It was amazing and I'd do it any time you wanted to."

His smile widened. "Okay." He said, sounding pleased with what I'd said. "We don't have much happening tomorrow anyway, so we do have all day to recover." He got out of the car, coming around to open my door and slide his hand against mine once I was free of the car, pulling me closer into him before he kissed me deeply, his free hand sliding up into the hair at the base of my neck, holding me in place.

I groaned against his lips, giving in completely and letting him kiss me senseless as I wrapped my free hand around his neck, my own fingers tangling in the hair at the back of his neck as if I needed to hold on for dear life because my legs had turned into boneless jelly towers.

Which they had.

I felt myself leaning back against his car as we kissed until he finally pulled away, resting his forehead against mine as we both sucked in deep breaths. I let go of his hand and rested my hand against his chest, feeling his heart beating as fast as mine was underneath my palm. My eyes met his and I almost melted even more at the way his eyes seemed to be a molten pool of silver. "God you're gorgeous." I blurted. "And I totally get why we couldn't do this before... you're far too hot for me, you totally would have gotten fired." I breathed before stretching up on my toes to kiss him again as his hands slid down my body and came to a rest on my hips before he kissed me back.