·One·

"Welcome, everyone. Please, take a seat." Isabelle hears a voice and looks up from the scarred hands in her lap. Memories flood her mind and she recalls that she is in the same dull building as always; the Ashton Levian Mental Rehabilitation Facility. She sighs and prepares for another highly repeated discussion with the other patients in the small group.
The words her therapist, Jake Glylen, is saying reach her ears but don't register in her brain until he says, "I have some exciting news, friends!" Jake always calls the patients in his therapeutic group "friends", but Isabelle knew that they were all useless to him. Sometimes, she would overhear him hiss, "I need to get out of this hellhole before I get infected like the people here.."
"We have a new friend, everyone!" Everyone but Isabelle whoops and hollers with joy. She stands taller in her chair and her eyes focus on her teacher. Everyone else in the circle are on the edge of their seats, anxious, for new people in the Facility were rare.
Jake races into a room and returns with a man in his grasp. The man looks around, scoffing to myself. Jake whispers something into the man's ear.
"Hi. I'm Zayn Malik. I'm the new student." Zayn sighs, his British accent slicing through the buzzing excitement in the air and causing the commotion to cease.
"Welcome, Zayn. Take your seat anywhere you want." He releases this Zayn Malik and his golden amber eyes dart around until landing on the seat next to Isabelle, which had been empty since she arrived many years ago. He shrugs and flops down on the seat.
"Since we have someone new, let's go around the circle and introduce ourselves to Zayn." Isabelle groans at this statement. If there was one thing she dreaded, it was this. "We shall say our names, and one thing we love in the world, or maybe, the entire universe!" He outstretches his hands, mimicing the universe.
He points to the girl on the farthest right to begin. "Hello.... I'm Kiki.. I love leaves..." She murmurs.
Everyone nods accordingly and turns to the next person to say their answer. "Hi. I'm Jesa. I like music?" The girl next to Kiki speaks anxiously and carefully; as if she is not certain of what she is saying.
As everyone goes around the circle telling Zayn their names, Isabelle grows nervous. Finally, it's her turn. Everybody waits for her to speak, but sigh once she does not. Jake states for her, "That's Isabelle. If I remember correctly, she loves to write."
She nods and turns to Zayn as he murmurs awkwardly, "Hi, Isabelle. Nice to meet you."
She repeats her last action and faces the rest of the group as they talk.
Throughout Isabelle's hour of group session, she finds herself staring at this new boy ever so often. There was something about him that made her want to stare..
Hiii. It's Olivia. I hope you enjoy this fic. I'm super excited about it!
So what do you guys think about Isabelle? She's quite the interesting one, right? And why won't she speak? You'll figure out soon!
Sorry if I'm writing too many fics at once. Sometimes I get bored with stories and get inspiration for new ones. I always feel like I need to write ideas down before they escape my head. Idk. Anywho, thanks for reading as always. Olivia.x