Chapter 10

MANIK

The ringing of the bell announced the end of the classes as the students dispersed in various directions. The Prof didn't take any longer and left the room wishing us luck for the upcoming four blissful years of college.

The guys hopped out of the seats as they complained about the long classes where as the gals were busy in their chats.

I packed the stack of books in my back pack and stood up. My eyes searched for her and soon I spotted 'I Rule'.

Its time for some friend time.

I was pretty excited to meet her again. Our meetings have been always untimely. Once in the middle of a fight.... Once in the night.

This will be our first sane meeting. And I fervently wish it to go normal.
A small smile crept up my lips when I saw her laugh with her friends.
I don't know why am being this childish. She has unknowingly casted some spell on me perhaps.

I went forward to approach her but stopped in my tracks. It will be better if I wait for her in the corridor maybe.

I went out and spotted a free corner. I fiddled with my bag strap as I watched closely at the doors waiting for her to come out.
Slowly the corridors cleared but there was no sight of her. At one point I had the feeling that I may have missed her and was about to check in when a group of four girls came out of the class.

"Nandini", my voice rang as I called her.

The group stopped and just like the movie Mean Girls, each of the turned their head slowly to look at me.

None of their stares mattered to me as finally Nandini turned her head to me.

She studied my face for a while and then gave a ignorant shrug and then started walking again.

"Ignore him".

Her curt reply rang in my ears as I blankly looked at the four figures walk out of my sight.

I know am not famous or so like her boy friend but that doesn't mean that she can just hurt me in any way she please.

I may not fight back, but that necessarily don't mean that I  can't.

A surge of anger and hurt flowed through me as I stomped towards my room.
I was about to enter my room when her sweet voice startled me.

"Manik, wait."

I should have ignored her like she had done to me and banged the door on her. But I couldn't.

I stopped and turned to her. For the first time her beauty didn't make the fluttering in my heart as her reply echoed "Ignore him"

She caught up with me and her heavy breath signified that she may have taken a run.

"What do you want,Nandini?", I asked.

I was amazed as how tough I sounded. I am actually familiar being the sweet guy not the angry hulky one.

"Forgot about the plan or what?", she asked.

I was amazed as how she completely ignored the incident that had happened moments ago.

"You are supposed to ignore me", I pointed.

She looked at me guilty.

"Sorry... Actually you popped out of nowhere and I couldn't figure how to act.", she explained.

"You could have at least said that will meet you later, or guys meet my friend Manik......

Who says ignore him just like that!", I shouted.

Nandini flinched a little at my outburst but she deserved it.

"Sorry.", she mumbled looking at the ground.

My features softened as I saw her low.

Its okay Manik Calm down boy.

I self talked myself trying to calm down.

I can get struck by a freaking truck but I can't see her suffer. I gave up my anger as I came beside her and nudged her by my elbow.

She kept staring at the ground.

"Let's get some fresh air. Come on", I nudged her again.

Fortunately she looked up and I smiled at her.

"Am I forgiven", she asked innocently.

"Only if you come with me.", I put up fake serious face.

"Sure", she chirped and hopped on me pulling me into a chaste hug.

She held my hand and pulled me to some place. And just like a obedient child I followed her.

She leaded us to the backyard of the dorms and into a grass garden. She seated herself under a tree and patted her side for me.

I settled myself on the soft grass and soon I was flat on the surface.

Nandini giggled and she grabbed the hem of my shirt trying to pull me up but her little hands didn't help her complete her task and I laughed at her futile attempts.

"Manik get up, unless you want me finish the hot chocolate all by myself.", she added.

"And where are you going to get hot chocolate here. I am sure the trees don't supply it....", I teased.

Nandini pulled out a flask and two plastic cups. And soon she filled the cups with the dark brown fluid.

She smirked at me showing the glasses.

"Here you go sir", she added the flirty tone used by the cafe girls as she handed me my cup.

"Smart you are huh!", I praised as I sat up.

She smiled and then dug into her drink. She almost dipped her whole face in the cup as she drank.

I don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to guess that this is her favourite. She likes hot chocolate.
I was only halfway when she had completed her. She looked at me and I laughed seeing her.

A frown appeared on her face as she watched me laughing like a maniac.

"What?", she demanded.

I took out my cell and clicked a picture and passed it to her.

The choco had left a brownish moustache on her face and she looked so cute like that.

She gave a shy smile and I drowned myself into her lovely features.

I raised my hand and with soft gently touches I cleaned the thin film of milk from her face. She stirred a little at my touch but she didn't push me away.

After my job was done I could see the soft red hue curling up her cheeks making her look even more beautiful.

Gosh..

She is beautiful.