Chap. 21 • Too Much

• Antonio's POV •

Was it bad that I felt more for her then I should be allowing myself to?

She drowned my thoughts 24/7, not one second I did not think about her. The way her eyes crinkled when she laughed too much. Her bright eyes mischevious whenever she teased me or taunted me, defying my orders and pushing me to my limts. Her silk skin that brought heaven to me whenever it touched my skin. Her voice which was angelic, blessing me with her words that praised and teased me. She was additive and I was a man obsessed.

I wanted to be with her, love her, protect her and I couldn't help but do so. I held her in my arms after another night of tasting her fantasy, my eyes memorizing every inch of detail of her features, from her lush lips to her soft eyelashes that his away those hazel eyes.

Her hand placed on my chest, just above where my heart paced rapidly at the sight of her, her legs in a tangled mess with mine, her hair sprawled out across the pillow ehislt she spelt peacefully and even then she looked like a goddess.

There was something hypotnising, addictive about her, something that I couldn't get my hand on but something I wanted badly, to feed my cravings. I traced her face softly so I didn't wake up, remembering this beautiful woman laying beside me. She existed, bringing life into my soul. And this feeling rooting within me, I knew exactly what it was but for now I wanted to enjoy the moment.

"Why do you haunt my thoughts, Xenia? Why must you remind me that I can never have you?" I whispered gently, sighing in distressed before placing a soft kiss on her forehead, causing a smile to find it's way onto her face. She curled closer to me, sleeping peacefully, and I held her.

A few more minutes, I promised myself, bringing her closer into my arms.

Just a few more minutes.

• Xena's POV •

I was in love with him.

That was my first thought when I woke up in a empty bed.

I love Antonio.

I didn't know what was scarier; the fact that I was Russian or the fact that I loved him. I opened my eyes, noticing Antonio to be seen nowhere, sighing before sitting up where I saw a note placed where he slept, a message written in neat italic writing.

Off to the office. Get dressed and go have breakfast, beautiful. I'll see you soon.

Antonio x

I couldn't help the smile on my face, no matter how many times I told me this charade wasn't going to last. I ignored everything and got out of bed, starting my day with a light heart for the first time since Vera's death.

It was during the afternoon when I got a call from Nikolay so suddenly whilst I was talking with Coco and Rosetta. My eyes furrowed, which made Coco send a look of concern.

"Excuse me, I have to take this call." I said with a smile, ignoring the look she was sending me before I left the living room, heading into the kitchen where it was empty fortunately.

"Niko?" I answered. "What's wrong?"

"Xena, I didn't think you'd pick up." He replied. I noticed an edge to his tone, making me wary of what was to come.