Chapter 10

Content warning: Physical violence and strong language

His grip on the steering wheel tightened until his knuckles had turned white. His breathing had laboured. His jaw was clenched strongly and there was blood in eyes. He was determined to kill. First the revenge on business and now the asshole had eyes on his girl. He knew exactly where the asshole would be on Sunday afternoon. He pushed hard on the accelerator, the engine roared and the speedometer bounced. He was on a mission. A deadly mission.

When he reached his destination, he carelessly parked the car. Running out of the heavy European car, he banged the door behind him and treaded firmly to the entrance of the gym. The astonished receptionist scrutinized the aggressive man. But there was no stopping him. He stepped in the exercise area where all the latest gym equipment was displayed. Sweaty men and women were panting as they exerted themselves on the various machines. His eyes rummaged for that one figure. There were people from all walks of life, age and gender. His eyes wandered until he found him. With deadly determination, he strode towards his prey.

Daud was on the treadmill and was jogging fast. He was in his own thoughts with the headphones on listening to fast music. Strong arms pushed him off the treadmill that he jerked and fell sideways.

"What the fuck!!" Daud groaned.

Before, he could recollect as to what had happened a six feet muscular body pounced at him and punched him on the face. But years of kickboxing had improved his reflexes, he was prepared for the next blow and blocked the fist with his hand. With the other arm he wiped his sweaty eyes and then his vision cleared. Salman. He knew why his reckless younger cousin was determined to fight. He was not shying away either. He punched Salman on the stomach hard that made him bend over. Daud stood up and ready to attack his cousin.

"Don't mess with me Salman you fucking know who is the stronger one." Daud hissed and kicked him hard on his leg.

Salman winced and grabbed Daud's t-shirt. Their noses inches away, blue eyes clashing with black ones. "You think you can have her. I won't fuckin let you."

Daud lips curled in a smirk, "Why don't we let her choose then?"

Salman eyes widened slightly, "You bastard!! Have you been seducing her?"

A wild animal was loose then. Salman had lost it. Blinded by rage, he punched Daud's face until his nose was bleeding and lip had torn. But Daud didn't give up, he pushed the younger man to the mirrored wall hard. Salman's body crashed into the glass wall. His head banged on the wall. The mirror cracked. Daud retaliated and kicked him in the groin and continued to punch his stomach until the gym authorities had to come and break the pair apart.

They were both heaving and glaring at each other.

"Back off. No fighting. You have problems take it outside not in the gym." Yelled the gym manager. He turned to the receptionist, "Get their names I don't want to see them here. Temporarily suspend their membership." The nervous receptionist nodded and rushed back to her desk.

Salman shrugged away the hands that were clutching his arms but the men tightened their hold on him.

"Escort them outside," ordered the furious manager.

When they were left alone, on the cold winter afternoon, they both faced each other.

"I am warning you Daud stay the fuck away from her." Salman growled pointing at his chest.

"Try me Salman. You fuckin try and I will show your fucking place." Daud seethed. A sly smile crossed his face, "As for Nawal. She will choose me over you anytime." With that he whirled around and lazily sauntered to his car.