Second Task

It's been about a month or so since Fred and I got back together and we haven't had a full blown argument at all, usually it's one of us moaning about time together since I've been helping Ced figure out what he could use to breath underwater for an our after he figured it out. Fred doesn't think I like Cedric like that after I 1) Told Fred I think of Cedric as a brother, and 2) I've made Fred and Cedric become pretty good friends and we hang out a lot together. All 'n' all my life is pretty good right now.

It's the night before the second task and I'm sitting in the common room with Fred and George in front of the fire finishing of Charms homework. "Aaaannnnddd.......Done!" I said dotting the last full stop on my work.
"Great job love." Fred said and he pecked me on the lips. It was roughly eleven o'clock and the portrait door swung open, we all turned our heads and saw Professor McGonagall stepping into the common room in her dressing gown. "Miss Black, Professor Dumbledore wishes to see you in his office now. Mr Weasley and Mr Weasley you two better head up to bed." She said and gestured to her dorms. Fred looked at me confusedly and I just shrugged and followed McGonagall.

"Hello students, I'm sure you're all wondering why I called you here at this hour." Dumbledore said from behind his desk. I stood in the middle of his office next to 'Mione, Ron and Fleur's little sister Gabrielle, Ron and Hermione had just been in the library with Harry and by the looks of it Gabrielle had been sleeping. "You four are our Champion's most cherished objects. Miss Black you are Mr Diggory's, Miss Granger you are Mr Krum's, Mr Weasley you are Mr Potter's and Miss Delecore you are your sister's. For the task tomorrow you will be put under a sleeping curse until your Champion brings you to the surface of the lake, you will be placed in the Black Lake but do not worry the merpeople will guard you from harm and you wont wake up until the charm's lifted. Any questions?" He finished and I raised my hand slowly. "Yes Miss Black?" I cleared my throat.

"Why must we be put under the curse now? Why can't it be after breakfast or before the task? Why now?" I asked logically.
"Very good question Miss Black. The reason we are doing it now is because the Champions don't know you're their treasure and when they find out it will drive them to save you." He said cheerily. 'What type of fucked up logic is that?!?!' A voice in my head screamed, in all honesty I was scared because I will be deep underwater where I can't breath and I don't know what will happen if Cedric doesn't save me. I could drown! Before I could say anything else Dumbledore pulled me forward, said a spell and I was out like a light.

~3rd person P.O.V.~
Fred and George were walking around the lake offering for people to make bets and not many did, especially with their advertising. "Four will go in,"
"Will four come out?" They said darkly as they bumped into Ginny, who was on her way down to the lake.
"Don't be so mean." She said and walked off. They shrugged it off and continued getting people to place bets.

"George have you seen Anna at all?" Fred asked his brother nervously as he glanced over the stands.
"No, sorry mate, not since last night." George said apologetically and Fred let out a sigh as the task was announced and began. After about an hour of the Champions being inside the lake and only Fleur coming out without her sister, Fred was starting to get worried about where Cedric was with Anna. He saw two heads pop up out of the water and his heart beat faster as he raced down to the bottom deck.

~Annabelle's P.O.V.~
I gasped for air as I was pulled onto the wooden deck and out of the cold water along side Cedric who had just saved me. My teeth were chattering and I was wrapped in a towel. "T-th-thanks C-c-Cedric." I shivered, he nodded as he tried to warm up.
"Anna!" I heard someone gasp, I looked over and saw Fred running towards me. When he reached me he pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "Thank Godric you're okay." He breathed as he kept me in his arms, someone gave me another towel and Fred and I sat down and waited for Harry, Hermione, Ron, Victor and Gabrielle to come up. Fleur didn't save Gabrielle because she was attacked by Grindelows and now Fleur felt terrible.

Shortly after I reached the surface Hermione and Victor followed, Hermione had the same reaction as me and was gasping for air. It had to be coming up to two hours when Ron and Gabrielle resurfaced without Harry, everyone was nervous and worried until he sky rocketed out of the water, wand in hand, and landed on the deck like a fish out of water. We all rushed to help him and afterwards we were told the scores, Cedric and Harry were tied for first, then Victor, then Fleur. We were all calm and happy when we went back to the common room that night,

We were in the common room lounging about in our, talking and relaxing, I was practically falling asleep in Fred's lap until he nudged me waking me back up. "Come on love, off to bed." He cooed. I nestled into his chest.
"But you're so comfy." I whined and he just laughed, he pushed me off his lap and lead me to my stairs.
"Goodnight kiss?" He suggested. I pretend to think then shook my head and he raised his eyebrows and sent me a playful glare. "Just kidding Freddie." I mumbled and I wrapped my arms around his neck and his around my waist. I gave him a long kiss and George moaned. "Ahh my eyes, I'm going to have nightmares." Fred and I laughed and we pulled apart.
"Night love." Fred said and I pecked him on the lips again.
"Night Freddie."