The Werewolf In The Closet..24

Chapter 24

Loren's POV

     "I wonder what Carnell's been up to.." Ady asks, pacing back and forth, but peeking out of the window as she does.

     I kiss her neck and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her closer to me. "Don't wonder what he's been up to," I say. Then I added, "At all."

     "I'm trying not to. But he hasn't been here. Oh shit. Darren doesn't know about Carnell," she slaps her forehead. She starts to move but I tackle her onto the bed.

     "Now just hold on, Ady."

     She groaned.

     "Let's just try to forget all about everything that happened today, okay? Forget that Darren called you a dog which I could personally kill him for that. Forget that you hit him and he was crying like a big ass baby, okay?

     She looks at me in the eyes and smiles. "Your eyes are glowing." Then she kisses me. "I love it when they glow."

     Someone chuckled and we break apart to see Carnell. Well..speak of the devil. I can literally call him the devil. His hair looks like it hasn't been combed in days, his arm is patched from where I threw that disc at him. He's wearing a black polo shirt which, preferably, I have no idea how he could afford Marc Jacobs. Then he's got on some slacks and he's wearing no shoes, ostensibly, tracking dirt into my room.

     I roll my eyes but put on an act, "Hello, Carnell. Long time no see since your always barging in periodically. How was your weekend?"

     He looks at me with disarray. "Excuse me? What are we, old friends?"

     "I would absolutely never call you my friend, dude," I waved him off. "Get out of my room, you disgust me."

     He chuckled. "Ah, but my friend, Ady doesn't."

     I looked up and glanced at him. I stand up to him. "What the hell are you talking about?"

     "Ady knows what I mean," he smiles evilly before extended his nails and drag them across Ady face. She screamed and covered her face.

     I felt sharp pain on the right side of my face and I feel the blood ooze down. I don't care about the fucking blood I just care about how I'm really going to beat the shit out of Carnell! But before I could even lay a hand on him, he shoves me so hard, my back hits the wall and knocks the breath out of me!

     Carnell makes eye contact with me before grabbing Ady and shoving his lips onto her's. She doesn't shove...at all.

     But then she buts her head on his. He growled but dashes out the window.

     I shake my head and grab Ady, dragging her downstairs to wipe the blood from our faces. "Whoa! What happened?" Kenny asks. Unfortunately, he was the only one in the house. The others are probably shooting hoops in the back or something.

     "Carnell is what happened. He scratched Ady's face and he..." I glanced at her, and she looked down. "Nothing. He just scratched us."

     "Oh, shit.." he says and goes out the door, probably to tell the other guys what happened.

~~~~

     It was quiet for a while. Ady was wiping the dried blood off my face. I already did her face and bandaged it. I was thinking to myself about what Carnell said. When I said he disgusted me he said Ady didn't. I thought she hated him! What, so she likes him then? It makes me wonder if Ady is pretending to not like him when he's around us. I mean, if she doesn't hate him, then she could have said so. It's not like I would be really mad. She doesn't hate him, oh well. Doesn't mean I have like him.

     "Loren..." Ady whispers my name.

     I don't answer. She puts her hand on my cheek and I sigh. Her hand is so soft and it smells like salt and blood. I lean my head into her hand and kiss her palm.

     "Loren, you know I love you, right?" she says, like, after 2 minutes.  

     Well, I hope she does because if she didn't, I would be feeling like crap.

     I don't say anything.

     "Loren, please," she says. I want to groan and hold her in my arms. "Please just forget about what Carnell said about me-"

     "How come you didn't shove him away from you when he kissed you?" I found myself asking. Okay, I didn't mean to ask that question but it was bugging the hell out of me.

     "What?"

     "When he kissed you, how come you didn't immediately push him away?"

     I saw tears in her eyes. "I don't know, Loren." Damn, I shouldn't have opened my mouth, but now that I did, the words wouldn't stop flowing.

     "How could you not know?" I stand up.

     She puts her head down. "Please don't be mad at me, Loren," she sobbed.

     Jeez, I've never made a girl cry before. Well that's because Ady is the only girl that I've been waiting for. What do I do? Do I say sorry and comfort her? Or do I just ignore it and walk away? I mean...she is my mate. I can't stay mad at her forever. I really can't stay mad at her forever.

     I sigh and I hold onto her hand, getting down on one knee. "I could never be mad at you, Ady. I'm just confused, and I'm irritated that Carnell would come at a time like this when we're dealing with your family. I'm sorry I yelled at you, but I could never be mad at you. I love you too much. Even if you dumped me and didn't want to be my mate anymore, I would still love you." That was corny as hell but it's the truth. I use my thumb to wipe away her falling tears.

     "Am I missing a proposal in here?" Brad comes in the kitchen and says with a bright smile on his face. "Wait, lemme get my camera! Ady, should I call your Mom or-?"

     "Brad, I'm not proposing!" I yell and stand on both my feet.

     He snaps his fingers. "Damn, I don't even know where my camera is anyway-"

     But the phone rang. It was her mom, I can sense it. I think she could too, because she's the one that got up to answer it. "Hello?" she sniffled.

     From my keen sense of hearing, I heard her mom yell, "Ady, your room is on fire! Vinny is in there!"

~~~~~~~~