Chapter 16: Amir's 1st Birthday

Chapter 16 - Amir's 1st Birthday

Ivy

Today is Amir's first birthday, and I am so excited. Kellen was on his way over to help set up everything for Mir's party.

Ever since that day we talked four months ago, things with Kellen have been pretty good. We stayed true to our word and took things slow. We alternated weeks of keeping Amir, and there were a few times we went on little family outings. For the most part though everything was going well.

The doorbell rang and I just knew it was Kellen. I skipped over to the door to see him standing with Amir on his hip. He looked really good this morning, and he'd dressed Amir in the cute little outfit I gave him. Kellen was wearing a grey t-shirt, with black ripped jeans and a pair of all-red Huaraches. Two gold chains hung loosely around his neck. Amir was wearing a white shirt that had a red "1" on the front. A pair of black levi's and some custom red, black, and white splatter-print baby airmax. He looked just like his Daddy.

"You look so cute MirMir," I cooed while grabbing him out of Kellen's arms. "Happy first birthday babyboy." I planted a kiss on his cheek causing him to burst out into giggles.

"Hey to you too," Kellen's jealous self kissed his teeth.

I smirked up at him, and pecked his lips. "Hey Kellen."

I turned around to walk away, but his arm reached out and snaked around my waist. "Where you going? You gotta give me more than that."

I rolled my eyes and lightly pushed him away. "No I don't. Now come on we have to start setting up."

Kellen's grip slipped from my waist to my butt cheeks as he pulled me closer to him.

"Quit playin' wit' me girl," he mumbled against my lips.

I involuntarily shuddered against his touch. Butterflies formed in the pit of my stomach as our lips connected once again. The kiss started off soft and slow. My lips slightly parted as I let out a moan, allowing Kellen full access into my mouth. His tongue wrestled with mine for dominance as he pulled me closer.

"DaDa!" Amir shouted causing us to jump apart.

I bit my lip, shooting Kellen a sheepish look. We both got entirely too caught up in that moment, even Amir knew it. I slightly laughed to myself as I turned to walk into the kitchen. I could hear Kellen's footsteps closely behind me.

"Okay you can start setting up the decorations outside, and I'll cook." I told Kellen, walking back over to the counter where I was preparing pasta salad.

"Uh, no. How about you set up the decorations and I'll cook?" Kellen laughed.

He made me so sick sometimes. I learned how to cook, but he never let me live that breakfast fiasco down.

"Shut up, Kel," I playfully hit his chest. "Take Amir outside with you and y'all go have fun."

"Fine," he pouted and took Amir out of my arms. I swear that boy is heavy. "Tell Mama bye-bye. Say we gone miss you Ma." He spoke to Amir in a baby voice. He lifted up his little hand and waved it at me.

"Tell Ma not to burn up anything in here. You know she can't cook Mir," Kellen teased.

I shot him my middle finger and pushed him out of the patio doors.

"Goodbye Kellen."

***

Two hours later I was finished cooking, and Kellen had finished decorating the backyard. Some time ago Amir had fallen asleep, so Kellen placed him in his room to nap. We had a good three hours before the party started, so I was glad he would be well-rested and not cranky when his guests arrived.